We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fee-free ATM locations

Bullhead City, AZ
Level Contributor
251 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fee-free ATM locations

We'll be at Plaza Dorada (HOORAY) in October. We want to use our Bank of America ATM card for day-to-day cash. I believe we can use both Scotia and Santander, fee-free. Where would the closest (to Plaza Dorada) ATMs be? Also, if I have the wrong banks listed, PLEASE correct me. Thanks for your help. Only 71 more days!!

Edited: 22 July 2011, 17:48
Seattle
Level Contributor
43,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

Yes you have the banks correct. I used the Scotia ATM at the airport. Then the Santanders at the plazam, water side of the street, near the south-bound bridge in Centro.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,508 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

There's a ScotiaBank ATM just a couple of beach blocks south of where you will be staying (at the foot of Francisca Rodriguez - across from an OXXO, near Marsol Hotel entrance, etc.).

ScotiaBank downtown has ATM's as well - on Juarez, near City Hall and the Plaza.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

hummerbhc, johnny has given you the closest Scotiabank ATM location. It's a standalone ATM in a little booth. It's on the north side of Francisca Rodriguez, where it meets the beach. The closest Santander to your condo is where suze said, in a little center that is on the west side of Ignacio Vallarta (the main road going SB from El Centro over the Rio Cuale to the southside. I use that one frequently and also the Scotiabank on the east side of Juarez, just north of the main plaza. I haven't used the Scotiabank ATM at the airport, but there is also a Scotiabank ATM at the south end of Plaza Marina, a shopping center just south of the airport and another one at the Peninsula Mall. I've stopped at both of those before when in that part of town.

Bullhead City, AZ
Level Contributor
251 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

Thank you soooo much, very helpful, really glad to hear about the one on Francisca Rodriguez, VERY handy, and the others will be handy when we're out and about. Can't wait!!!

5. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 July 2011, 04:35
Seattle
Level Contributor
43,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

I always heard it was better to use an ATM machine during bank hours and at a machine attached to a bank that was open, in case anything went wrong with the transaction (rather than the free-standing kiosk types)?

While not the absolutely closest I really like that Santander at the bridge and it's convenient enough if you just remember to stop in when you're up in Centro. They have always been nice there (inside) about breaking large bills you get from the machine. suze

Bullhead City, AZ
Level Contributor
251 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

Again, thanks, that's good to kow (breaking the bills). 70More days!!

vancouver
Level Contributor
390 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

Would you know of any scotia atms near the Tropicano Hotel in el Centro? thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

No. I don't think there are any Scotia ATMs near the Tropicana Hotel (which is on the south-side, not really in el Centro). But there is one at the airport you could use right when you first arrive. suze

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,356 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fee-free ATM locations

Yes there is a Scotia ATM near the Trop - as described above, it's at the foot of Francisca Rodriguez, right beside the entrance to the Hotel Marsol at the beach, where the Los Muertos pier will eventually be returning to. Behind Cuates y Cuetes on the beach. See map below, the location of the Scotia ATM is marked, right near the San Marino.

http://vallartainfo.com/south.html

Word to the wise - if you're using this ATM go early, it runs out of money quickly because it's in a high foot traffic area.