We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calling the USA from VDP

Seattle
Level Contributor
654 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
calling the USA from VDP

My husband and I will be at the Villa Del Palmar from February 26-March 6th. I'm going to have to make several short phone calls (10-20/day) while I'm there. when I was in Cancun last year I used some on the TELMEX cards but they seemed very expensive for short phone calls. After a few days, I finally figured out how to use our MCI International calling card that we had bought at COSTCO and it seemed to be much better. What is the cheapest way and easiest way to call the USA from that Hotel? Are there public phones in the lobby? If not how far is the closest public phone?

Arkansas
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: calling the USA from VDP

i used my cell phone, and pay phone on the corner.... I heard about the ones with credit card pay, but i didnt trust, You can by a card for like 10 us dollars at villa del palmars store in their market, and goto the pay phone right there on the corner but i would advise its a bus stop so very very loud, i would suggest go across the street and use that phone they are telmex phones

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: calling the USA from VDP

Use your own cell phone or communicate via the internet which is very cheap by comparison to phone service.

Wi
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: calling the USA from VDP

Not sure on the short calls as most calling cards will "ding" you those but if you get a telmex card you can use a payphone on the back side of villa del mar (sister resort)that is real quiet and normally always available and alot shorter walk than other pay phones. I use it every year and will be using it again a week later than you. Hope this helps.

4. Re: calling the USA from VDP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2006, 14:54