We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell phones

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SD
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cell phones

WIth the change over from Alltel to AT & T - how does AT&T work inPVR?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell phones

Last winter i picked up a AT&T Gophone, with the pay by the minute plan. I had great coverage all around PV and also in Guadalajara. It cost $0.25 a minute to call the US, and no roaming or long distance charges. I could also call local phones for $0.10 per minute. Worked great for us. And the phones start at $14.99 and up. And if you watch for the sales, they usually throw in $15.00 worth of time.

SD
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell phones

That sounds better then bringing my phone

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell phones

Can you use the gophone for texting? does anyone know what the texting fees are?

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell phones

Check with ATT for texting rates. I'm charged international rates and do not have a plan for using my phone in Mexico.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell phones

I use my AT&T cell phone in Puerto Vallarta, works great. I have the Mexico plan, but it looks like using a go phone might be less expensive. I'll check with AT&T before my next trip.

New Cumberland
Level Contributor
750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cell phones

Yes, you can send and receive text messages on GoPhones. As to the cost in Mexico we are not sure of the current cost but its in the range of 25 cents per message.

Edited: 13 September 2011, 00:24
7. Re: Cell phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 07:17