We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in 2nd week of December

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in 2nd week of December

I know it changes year to year, but what is the weather like in PV during the 2nd week of December?

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

As you said every year can be slightly different. Last year for example nights were uncommonly cool in december. Generally though weather is pretty much perfect in december. Lots of sun all day long, not a drop of rain, hot but not humid during the day and cooler in the evening and at night. So you can lie at the beach or the pool during the day but it's not too hot to walk around and explore either. In the evening it cools down enough to be comfortable.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

Typically:

- highs 25° - 28° during the afternoon

- lows 15° - 20° at night (which if there's a wind, can feel quite chilly)

- sunny just about all day, every day

- clouds often gather prior to sunset, which can improve the effect

- highly unusual to see any rain at that time of year

Weather is of course variable so it's possible to see all kinds of other conditions, but the above is what I've observed over a number of recent years.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,729 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

Last year was La Nina so it was cooler than usual. I think it's no longer in effect.

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

I was there the second week of December last year and are going back this year. It was cooler than usual. The natives had gloves on in the morning with a 60 degree temperature. During the day is was great, 80 degrees and we never saw a cloud the whole two weeks we were there Jerry

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

Thank you very much for your quick replies.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

reader, we are also going to be in PV 2nd week of December and wondered the same regarding evening temps....where are you staying ?

Edited: 11 November 2011, 17:40
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

I am lookingat Dreams. I havent booked as of yet though.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,856 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

I've been down at least 3 trips that week (I like to be there for the Festival of the Virgin of Guadalupe) and had very nice weather every time. I know last year was unusually cool, but normally should be great. I've never needed more than a light jacket in the evenings, if that.

9. Re: Weather in 2nd week of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2012, 10:22