We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I really love oceano and sea monkey

cincinnati
Level Contributor
483 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I really love oceano and sea monkey

We have been to our share of beach bars. Cant remember many, if any, that provide all that these bars do. Biggest for me of course being price. 12 pesos for fruity drinks such as pina coladas, mojitos etc is just crazy cheap. Add to that the views, the live music at oceano, the comfy beach chairs at sea monkey, really makes these 2 places 5 star in my book. Maybe can find the atmosphere elsewhere, but to find along with this cheap of drinks is not an easy find anywhere in this world.

Edited: 07 December 2011, 03:01
San Francisco
Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

Hey Robby! Seeing a lot of talk about Sea Monkey being crazy disorganized and people getting pretty bad service including wrong cuentas. What was your experience?

2. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2011, 16:35
Edited: 07 December 2011, 16:35
San Francisco
Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

We're coming back on 1/2. Used to hang out at the Beach House which I understand is now a place called "Swells". Know anything about it? We're wondering where to chill on Los Muertos when we're looking for a beach day away from the condo. Suggestions? Don't mind paying if the drinks and a light lunch are worthwhile.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

we also liked Oceano great view and music.sea monkey was good as we would only have a few and kept track of our waiter/waiters.but at that price I would go grab the beers myself.LOL

Colorado
Level Contributor
273 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

Where is Oceano?

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

across the street from the cheeky monkey going south and up the stairs

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

We love hanging out at Sea Monkey.

Great beach location and good inexpensive drinks.

W e also enjoy their sister restaurant Cheeky Monkey on the Malecon.

Michael

8. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 December 2011, 18:05
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,995 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

I wasn't thrilled with Sea Monkey. Sure the prices are cheap, but other than that, I didn't care for it. I know a lot of people have ventured away from Burro's, but I still like it there and will stick to it.

10. Re: I really love oceano and sea monkey

Removed on: 07 December 2011, 18:05