We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants around the Cathedral

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
369 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants around the Cathedral

Hi. we are staying 2 blocks above the Cathedral and are looking for good restaurants and taco stands in the area. We usually stay in old town and know most of the places in that area.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

I am staying 2 blocks from the Cathedral for the first part of my vacation. I thought old town and downtown were the same thing. I know the zona romantica is across the bridge. This is my first time to PV.

TX
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

Planeta Vegetariano is a favorite of mine. Even my husband, who is not vegetarian, enjoyed the buffet. It's a really cute little place too.

vallartaonline.com/restaurants/…

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
311 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

There’s a little hole-in-the-wall place 2 or 3 doors from the Cathedral called Sandy’s. Excellent food and great prices. Closed on Sundays.

Yukon, OK
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

Barcelona Tapas is right around there.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

I think Gaby's is near there. Have heard good things about it & plan to try it this year.

delaware united...
Level Contributor
291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

Zeebe the south side , old town and zone romantica are usually the reference for anything over the bridge south.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

For very good and inexpensive Mexican food, try El Campanario. On Hidalgo across the street from the Cathedral. Also about 6 blocks away from the church is Casa Melissa on Jo Dominquez, 3 blocks up from the Malecon.. Excellent seafood. Just ask around, you'll be amazed at all the restaurants within walking distance. Enjoy, and happy eating

ohio
Level Contributor
318 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

We discovered a fabulous French restaurant last year and can't wait to return in February.....

www.lacigalebistro.com

It is on the corner of Hidalgo and Iturbide, same side as the cathedral. Would advise reservations since it is very small. The food was wonderful and a nice wine list as well.

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

If you will all forgive me for being an annoying pedantic Catholic, the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe is not a Cathedral. A cathedral is where the bishop is, and the bishop for that diocese is in Tepic. It's just a beautiful parish church.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants around the Cathedral

Good suggestions so far.To take advantage of being up the hill, Barcelona is good, but around 10 blocks north. Closer are Chez Elena (they also have a rooftop bar called El Nido that has an incredible view) and Hacienda San Angel Gourmet for fine dining and La Esquina de Los Caprichos for tapas. Going north but still high are Cafe des Artistes, Casa Melissa, Si Senor, Mama Rosa, Casa Melissa and El Arrayan.