We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas & New Years in PV...

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas & New Years in PV...

Can't sleep a wink! We have never spent the holidays in a tropical paradise, we are booked for 2weeks at Canto del Sol, 25th to 8th Jan. Nothing beats the cold and snow in Edmonton like looking at it in your rear view mirror!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas & New Years in PV...

Lots of stuff going on, and I'm told PV during the holidays is beautiful.

Make sure if you plan to leave the resort for a special holiday dinner somewhere (either Christmas Day or New Years Eve) that you make reservations in advance. Several places are offering special holiday menu seatings, but they fill up very quickly.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas & New Years in PV...

any suggestions for good places to eat, we also will be at Canto del Sol, arriving Dec 24th.

Thanks in advance!

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas & New Years in PV...

We have always enjoyed the free tequila shots at Victors, and for the most filling meat meal, the Brazillian, both located at the Marina. Hope the buffet is in the festive mode, we will be missing our turkey this year.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas & New Years in PV...

The 24th will be busy at many places, that is the night nationals have their Christmas celebrations. I suggest making reservations somewhere soon.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
745 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas & New Years in PV...

Next year i vow to b there December 2 thru January 2....

I am done with being cold.

6. Re: Christmas & New Years in PV...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 June 2012, 18:35
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,165 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas & New Years in PV...

i too will be there for new years, just haven't decided if it's canto or golden crown just yet..... i hear both hotels throw a really nice new years eve evening and good gala dinners..

8. Re: Christmas & New Years in PV...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 10:32