We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Topic
Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

Finding a good place to sit and hang out all day is part of the beach experience in all parts of Mexico - and in most places that goes hand in hand with ordering up a seafood lunch. I've been to dozens of places up and down the coast - from Mazatlan to Huatulco, and so far my experience has been pretty much the same ceviche, aguachile, huachinango and camarones-overpriced and not so great. I keep promising myself I won't eat at the beach as to save up for a great meal in town, but it never works.

If I win the lottery I'm going to spend the rest of my years making my way around the whole coast of Mexico, trying and reviewing each and every beach restaurant and writing a blog about it...

But meanwhile, any recommendations for the greater PV area?

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

Sea Monkey is where I plopped myself myself last trip, spent more days there than not. Langostino's is another favorite spot of mine.

calgary
Level Contributor
188 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

I always make the trip out to Adrianos(big orange bar) in Bucerias and turn a beach chair to the Sea----bucket of 'Ronas at my side. 8$. ahhhhh

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
151 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

El Dorado is a great place to hang out. Good food, service, beach and people watching!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

I also liked El Dorado at Los Muertos - seemed to be one of the more classy establishments with good service, cold beers, and a great place to people watch

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

Cory f...next time in Bucerias try ANY of the restaurants north of the Orange one, Adriano's is probably the "least best" one (trying to be diplomatic here).

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

The La Playita at the Lindo Mar has probably the best location for a beach restaurant. The setting is wonderful. It is only 5 min. south of town. You will be sitting new to the shoreline where the water is clearer & the reefs make for greg snorkeling.

Minneapolis...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

Boca de Tomatlan!!

So very charming, local folks mostly and restaurants right on the beach... 70 peso tacos which will send you to heaven. Saw whales breaching here yesterday!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,774 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

Word of caution regarding El Dorado - hearing reports lately they're adding a tip to the bill before giving it to you and then trying to cover it up. That's illegal so pay attention.

For cheap n' cheerful on the beach on Los Muertos, I like Fidencios. For something a bit more upscale but still reasonable, La Playita at Lindo Mar is amazing. For the "get out of town" vibe, Las Animas or Boca de Tomatlan are way cool. For a nice beach and really good shrimp tacos I like the El Dorado in El Anclote (no relation to the El D on Los Muertos beach afaik).

Destiladeras is a nice beach too, but I don't know what's left there anymore in terms of amenities for food/drink/umbrellas. Maybe someone could fill some gaps.

For good grilled seafood on the beach, there's a grill shack near the Vista del Sol condos, between Sea Monkey and Burro's, that always smells amazing when I pass by. One of these days, I'll stop.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

I agree that Bucerias is a good choice, but not the 'big orange one'. It is the worst of the choices.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where's your favorite beach restaurant to spend the day at?

Hmmm - favorite one, huh? Really hard to choose - when i want the vendor and people-watching action I go to Amapa Sunset on Los Muertos - great service, good food & did i mention service is spectacular LOL (my last visit was in Sept, before that was March) - when i want some peace & quiet Garza Blanca is a wonderful resort to go to on a day pass - i think it was $50USD each & besides the use of the amenities (umbrellas, great chairs, infinity pool) it also included some food and drink & not too far out of town - nice sand & swimmable waves -