We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions help.

T P
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excursions help.

Booked a last minute trip to PV and am leaving next week. Very little time to plan and I like all my sightseeing arranged before I leave. I don't like arriving in a place without specific plans. I am interested in some excursions that I would like to book before I leave. (I had been to Cancun many years ago and found the excursions where cheaper if booked online and once in Cancun, any inquiriy about an excursion came with the time share sales pitch).

My initialy thought was to take advatage of Vallarta Adventure's book two tours get one free offer. The three tours I am looking at are:-

1) San Sabastian

2) Sierra Madre South and

3) Canopy Adventure.

I am aware that the canopy adventure tour does not go to Los Teranos, and I am not sure which zip line sight it goes to and if this zip line is a good one. Any comments ont the tour will be appreciated.

My second concern is that the Sierra madre South tour visits El Tuito. I am debating if I am better off taking a tour with Johann and Sandra (www.puertovallartatours.net) to Talpa and Mascota instead of the Sierra Madre South tour.

Obviously, if I book tours separately I will not get t

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,503 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions help.

Vallarta Adventures is the best quality tour owner/operator in PV. The other tour company you mention do not operate or own any tours, they are strictly a third party ticket seller, whereas VA is the owner and operator of all of their tours. All Johann and Sandra's site would be doing is selling you tickets for someone else's tour.

Go with Vallarta Adventures.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 22:10
T P
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions help.

Sorry, part of the previous post got cut off.

To continue.............

Obviously, if I book these tours separately and do not book all three trips with Vallarta Adventures I will not be able to take advantage of the buy two get one tour free special. Here are my questions:-

What to people recommend, the Sierra madre South excursion (witha visit to El Tuito) or a tour to Talpa and Mascota instead?

Also, does anybody know of a Tequilla tour the only one I have found bookable online is on Vallarta Online's website.

As I am only in PV for one week and some tours do not run daily, I really need to organize my sightseeing schedule so I book tours accordingly.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions help.

I noticed a very very big difference using Vallarta Adventures compared to other tour groups. They are the best way to go for sure

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions help.

TP, having taken many Vallarta Adventure tours, I heartily recommend them as a tour company. I like that they run their own tours; their staff are always knowledgable and fun. I have not done the Sierra Madre Tour South, but have been to El Tuito and the Botannical Gardens. El Tuito is a typical small Mexican town and the Botannical Gardens are beautiful. If you are most interested in historical things, I would definitely recommend the day trip to San Sebastian. That is such a neat little town high up in the mountains and has a ton of history. Another tour VA offers, using the same Mercedes Unimogs for transport, is called the Offroad Adventure. It goes north of town and passes through some small villages and includes an easy hike and beach lunch. VA has their own ziplines that they use. For the Canopy Tour, you go out north of town. Their other ziplining tour is called the Outdoor Adventure and it includes many more things in addition to ziplining. Check that out; most fun I've ever had! I

I love getting deals, so the 3 for 2 offer with VA was right up my alley one year to do some tours.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions help.

If you book the San Sebastian tour they stop at a Tequilla factory on the way back. We really enjoyed that tour this January.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions help.

Johann and Sandra have never lived here and haven't visited for many years, the site is just a ticket reseller run by Leslie Maracle

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions help.

You can use this site: https://www.tourdealspuertovallarta.com to book Vallarta Adventures tours at a discount without having to buy 3 tours. We used them last year for the Las Caletas tour and saved 30%. We paid $59.50 each instead of $85. You can book through the site, or they have a toll free number and email address at the bottom of their page.

T P
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions help.

Thanks for the replise, I stayed with my original plan and booked the Vallarta Adventures excursions.

9. Re: Excursions help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:17