We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams and Secrets presentation

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams and Secrets presentation

I recently stayed at Dreams Puerto Vallarta resort and spa and right after checkin was lead to Vip services where they tried to push a timeshare presentation of Secrets. They did not call it a timeshare presentation, but it sounded like it where you go for breakfast and watch presentation for two hours and afterwards would be given some type of excursion or discounted tickets. This was in the Preferred tower. My friends who checked into the normal tower did not have to deal with this.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams and Secrets presentation

We have been to Dreams VM the last 2 Mays. Last May, they had started something they called a "Vacation club" which was just a timeshare by a different name. They did not have this in 2010.

We did not go but talked to others that did. You bought weeks that could be used at any AM Resort (Dreams, Secrets, etc). They got 2 Rythms of the NIght tickets for a 2 hour breakfast and soft sell presentation. None of them bought.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams and Secrets presentation

We were at Dreams PV in the old tower from 1st to 15 march. They did their Vacation Club pitch once, which we did not attend. We made some friends that did attend, they were honestly interested, and I was the recipient of the bottle of tequila that they were given. It was only Jimador, so am guessing that they did not make a full court press.

Be aware that right after check in they do take you to the Vacation club people, who are there to "assist" you. No pressure, not unpleasant and only lasted a couple of minutes. If you know before time that this is what they do, just say no thanks and it ends there.

vancouver
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams and Secrets presentation

I got that too when I checked in. They said I had to talk to some guy in order to get my coupons. (the coupons are lame..) I was dumb, instead of saying right off the bat not interested in the presentation, I said I would think about it. They called us in the room a couple times asking us to attend. Then we just told them, we came here to be on vacation. not sit in a room listening to a presentation. It was slightly uncomfortable because you have to keep walking past them as they sit by the entrance to the hotel.

I did talk to a couple other guests that said they attended the presentation, and they said it was actually a good deal. I think it's 3000 for the cheapest membership, but you get a free stay for four for a week, and then get deep discounts for rooms.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,491 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams and Secrets presentation

Do your homework on vacation clubs before agreeing to anything. Buyer be VERY aware.

Here's a recent five part W5 investigation into vacation clubs that should be mandatory viewing for anyone interested in them.

watch.ctv.ca/news/…clip644033

5. Re: Dreams and Secrets presentation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:15