We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure for Teenage Girls

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Topic
Adventure for Teenage Girls

I am trying to plan an activity with 2 teenage girls. They are both pretty easy going, but I am trying to decide what they would most enjoy. I think they would be happy with any of these, but I can only pick one. Which one might be best overall? I am considering either Las Caletas, Rhythms of the Night, or Dolphin Swim.

BC
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

My teenage daughter loved the zip lining canopy tour.

Sorry, didn't try any of your three choices.

Omaha
Level Contributor
449 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

Teenage girls might be a little bored with the Rhythms tour. Haven't tried the other 2, but would highly suggest the Outdoor Adventure tour with Vallarta Adventures.

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

When our daughter was in the early teens she enjoyed the dolphin swim in Cancun. Two years ago my wife and I gave it try in PV. We thought it was an amazing experience. More interaction with the dolphins then my daughter had in Cancun. Only downside was what they wanted to charge for a photo/digital memory.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,955 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

They would be bored by ROTN, I think, unless they're huge fans of Cirque du Soleil type entertainment. It's really a mellow evening cruise with dinner and a Cirque style entertainment show that lasts about an hour, before heading back in.

Lots of activities available on the Las Caletas by Day tour, but again it depends on if they are the active water type (lots of the activities are water-based like snorkeling, scuba, swimming, kayaks, etc).

If they want real adventure, why not do a swim with dolphins in the wild instead of captive in a tank? Much more educational (I've done both, prefer in the wild by a mile, for many reasons, not just political).

They would be both entertained by ziplining, and entertained by the guides at Los Veranos (who seem to have a knack for keeping girls and women engaged in the activity LOL).

Edited: 08 May 2012, 16:05
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

Teenage can be 13-19, big difference in activities so their ages would be helpful. At any age my girls enjoyed the dolphin swim and the ziplining. If they are 18 or 19, then a party daytime cruise would be fun for them. I agree that I think they would be bored with ROTN unless they were big into dance.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,638 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

If they like animals they might in addition like the unique PV zoo where they can feed a majority of the animals such as the Zebras, the gentle Giraffe, Hippo believe it or not.... well suffice to say.....all of the animals except the big Cats.

If they have young Tigers or Lions at the time....there is also an opportunity to hold or pet them for a fee....just depends on how "little" the babies are in terms of how rewarding that part is, also a couple monkey's are usually throw into the deal.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

Bet they would love Outdoor Adventure, they will probably fall for the guides :)

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

I would think they would enjoy zip lining. The guides will pay extra attention to them:) My daughter did it at age 12 and loved it.

We have done both Los Veranos, and LaVista. Both were good, but we liked Los Veranos better. If you take them to LaVista, the truck ride up the mountain is a thrill in itself...

puerto vallarta
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

Try scuba and discover a new world for them. If they love water and life tehy will never forget their first time underwater.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adventure for Teenage Girls

I would recommend Vallarta Adventures Outdoor Adventure. It includes a speedboat ride across the bay, a ride in 4x4 trucks up into the mountain, a mule ride further up into the mountains and then ziplining and rapelling down two waterfalls. It's is a blast!