We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New PV beach read

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
New PV beach read

Just finished a murder mystery based in PV. Getaway by Lisa Brackmann is a quick beach read, I read it in the New England rain but it was fun to pick out the locations talked about. The ending was a little abrupt and the subject matter would leave. Newbie questioning if PV was safe.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,825 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New PV beach read

"Newbie questioning if PV was safe".

I can hardly wait!

JUST kidding, in fact I had meant to get this book and totally forgot. Thanks for the reminder. :-)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New PV beach read

Going to be meeting her on the 30th, should be interesting, have been communicating and we have a lot in common.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New PV beach read

That would be fun to meet the author. Let us know your thoughts ,wish I could be there.

Venice, California...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New PV beach read

Author here. My biggest reservation in writing this book was that I did not want to leave the impression that PV isn't safe. I put words in the acknowledgment to that effect. I sincerely hope that this fictional story doesn't scare anyone away from Vallarta -- as one of the characters says, you're safer there than in many major US cities. Just stay away from sketchy people, and watch those margaritas on the beach... ;)

Lisa Brackmann

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New PV beach read

I just received my copy in the mail this week. I have a very short attention span, hence I have't read a book in several years. I'm hoping this one will hold my attention because of my connections to PV.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New PV beach read

Sounds like a fun read. You can really get into the story when you can truly picture the setting. I read the "Girl with a Dragon Tattoo" books after a trip to Sweden and I could just picture so much of it.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New PV beach read

Have it downloaded on my kindle, ready to jump in. Looking forward to it.

midwest
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: New PV beach read

Have it on order! Thanks for letting us know about it!

9. Re: New PV beach read

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:40