We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Crown Paradise 18 and over

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dekalb
1 post
Save Topic
Golden Crown Paradise 18 and over

helllllooooo----haven't been on TA in a real loooooong time, but i do have a few questions abt the GCP and hopefully anyone thats been there lately can help me??

1. We booked ocean front--is there a certain floor we should request?

2. What kind of beer do they serve?

3. Is there any specialty drinks that we should not miss out on?

4. Which bartender makes the best drinks?

any other info you want to share would be greatly appreciated

thank you

count down ----30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

weatherfield
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Crown Paradise 18 and over

1. floor 4 and up is good and further away from the pool is better for view. You want to be a little right of the Breezes bar due to palm trees. Any floor is probably OK.

2. Tecate or Indio (dark). Next door has Pacifico and Corona.

3. There are lots but ask for premium liquers especially tequila.

4. all bartenders are good and they rotate. Victor/carlos I remember as very good.

2. Re: Golden Crown Paradise 18 and over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 18:11
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Crown Paradise 18 and over

The Indio dark beer is the best... and the sports bar next door at the Crown Club is open an hour later than the lobby/patio bar at GCP.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,680 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Crown Paradise 18 and over

When we were there in late October/early November, they had started a new rotation system. Bartenders rotated shifts and bars every 3 or 4 days. So one bartender might be at the pool bar during the day for a few days and few days later will be working the evening shift at the Breeze (beach) bar. Agree that all are good. My 2 favs are Victor/Carlos and Margarito.

All the beer comes in liter bottles and is served in plastic (around beach or pool) during the day and in glass in the evenings at the bars. There were a limited amount of heavy plastic mugs during the early part of the day.

All the bartenders can mix about anything. I tend to stay away from the "creamy" drinks (except my morning Dirty Monkey) as they do not settle well in the heat and humidity. I stick with Palomas and Margaritas. Ask for alchol by brand name. I ask for Cazadores.

Don't miss going downtown (only 15 minutes away) but avoid it on cruise ship days.

Edited: 23 May 2012, 19:28
5. Re: Golden Crown Paradise 18 and over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:42