We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
364 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

We are Mazatlan regulars and always spend our last night (Friday or Saturday) in the Plaza Machado in El Centro since that is when it comes alive with vendors, street performers, people walking about, restaurants with tables on the street front. Is there a similar experience or main central plaza in PV and if so, is Friday night the most happening night? Or,,,, can you tell me what is your favorite way to spend the last night of your PV vacation?

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta has the Malecon that comes alive in the evening with great entertainment, street vendors, and the wonderful people of PV. It is a truly assume experience. Sunday evening is probably the best time to go as there is much more to see. It is an happening you you will never forget. I love seeing the children having such a great time. It is something we always look forward to seeing.

California
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

What kind of entertainment is going on?! Do you mean live music? is that every Sunday? Thanks.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

There is dancing in the plaza directly in front of the Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, across the street in the amphithearter live music, cultural dance performances and more... entertainment usually starts around 7pm on Sunday nights and is always something different, around 9pm you'll see fireworks as the Marigalantes Pirate Ship Sunset Cruise returns back to the marina.

On Saturday & Sunday nights the Papantla Flyers put on several shows between 6-10pm on the malecon (boardwalk), the show consists of 5 men climbing a 30 meter pole, four of them then launch themselves from the top hanging from ropes descending to the ground, the fifth stays on top, dancing and playing a flute and drum. Not to be missed!!!

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,796 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

There is always people walking on the Malecon, but activity will vary during the week. It isn't always limited to Saturday and Sundays, but the most activity will be Sunday.

Music possibilities vary but it is usually something unique, you never know... it depends on who is "hot" at the time. There are sand sculptures, mimes, and living statutes. On the Malecon Extension you'll also find mimes, living statutes, food vendors, artists, solo performers- such as a guy who does Michael Jackson..... just depends on who has the newest idea sometimes.

You asked about what we do our last night - we usually have HH at Langostino's on Los Muertos Beach, dinner probably somewhere we didn't get to.....but sometimes just a simple meal on the beach. After dinner - we always take a good walk around, which includes the entire Malecon.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

That sounds like a nice last night!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

We both think we found the perfect balance for our last night. I am far more social than Mr.Spotcat. Our last night often finds me out with friends and him packing. This trip, we met up with friends at Sea Monkey, then headed to the Vallarta Scene gathering at Langostino's. After that, the two of us had sunset dinner at La Playita. I helped him pack the next morning.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

Sounds like you're a good woman and wife. I am usually "the packer". hope we have an opportunity to meet up sometime.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

Thanks, Mexicomomchicago! I'd love to meet you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

It's a deal!!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Last Night In Puerto Vallarta

Our last night is almost always a sunset dinner.

Spotcat, If I remember correctly Mexicomomchicago will be upstairs from us this fall.