We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare - November, 2012

New York, NY
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare - November, 2012

We'll be heading to PV November 23rd out ot NYC and want to book the direct United flight out of EWR. Current pricing is $645 RT - any ideas if this is in the range of a decent fare? Def want this flight but wondering if I am jumping the gun-thanks!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

Sounds reasonable to me... we paid higher last year out of LaGuardia with one connection both ways and still thought we had a good deal; Newark usually does have better rates (especially direct) but the distance isnt worth it for us, and weekday to weekday is a substantial savings vs traveling on the weekend. Good luck!

CT
Level Contributor
547 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

If the $645 is including all taxes and fees, I would say go for it now. I would give anything to have ever had a direct flight. Always a stop over in Dallas or Houston.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

We made resort reservations for the upcoming Thanksgiving week never thinking airfare pricing would be an issue. Right now out of LAX I'm looking at $900 RT (this flight is only about 2.5 hours)!!! Of course I can go with AeroMexico but the connections and flight times leave a lot to be desired.

Still pondering what to do............Am hoping that Virgin America or Airtran start flying to PVR from So Cal. Another option would be to drive to San Diego and catch a Volaris flight from Tijuana. I think I need a drink!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

We are looking at around $900 out of Columbia, SC, with a stop in Dallas or Atlanta. I would jump on that fare. We bought a little place in PV a little over a year ago, and the airfare was around $500. Going to get difficult to afford to get down there soon, and a little too far to drive. Southwest is finally coming to SC, and I understand is working on additional Mexico flights out of Houston Hobby. Hopefully that will do us better.

Sure with we could just stay year-round, but have to make a living here for a few more years.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
251 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

Roundtrip nonstop airfare the week of Thanksgiving (11/18-11/25) is only $543 including taxes from Chicago on United.

Pinellas Park...
Level Contributor
844 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

We always fly out of EWR to go to PV. We are using miles this year so we have our tickets but are watching for our friends who will join us. Other years the fare has been much cheaper. Last year we paid $443 for November flights. I have been watching the fare for some time and it has not changed, some weeks in November are much higher. It's always a crap shoot.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

Thanks - this is all VERY helpful! FYI, this is not Thanksgiving week per say - we are leaving on the Friday at the end of Thanksgiving week...

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,370 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

My feeling is that is still a pretty good price for non-stop from New York, considering how high airfare has gotten. We have seen rates of $700 for non-stop from Kansas City in the past. This time we are paying $526 which is very good for non-stop from here at the exact time you are going. It is always possible your airfare could go down...as in crap shoot....but if $645 is comfortable for you, I would seriously consider grabbing it.

Batavia, Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

We are heading there the week of Thanksgiving as well from Chicago. We found flying Sun-Sun much cheaper, if you can flex your dates maybe look into it.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfare - November, 2012

emmakerins, we are on that flight! Fri. Nov 23 from EWR. $645 is okay, it will most likely creep higher the closer you get to November. We used miles this year (savepass award for 1st class!)

In past years, it has been cheaper (in the $450 to 500 range) - but as someone that flies a lot for business, I can tell you that almost all flights have gone up in price.

By the way, we went this same week last year and loved the weather, how nice and quiet it was around town, etc.

See you in PV :-)