We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska air

california
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Alaska air

Any thought to book now for sept or wait until july to book for lax to pvr. Fares have come down in last couple weeks, gas just went down again. Thinking alaska might run a special. Any thoughts out there.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
42 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska air

CaliforniaLou,

I booked an alaska air flight from PDX to PVR going through SFO on the way down and SAN on the way back. Dates: Sept 12-21 2012. I originally paid $539.00 rt from pdx on Alaska to PVR. Last week the flight went down by $90.03, since I booked on Alaskaair.com I was able to get the difference refunded to me as a future travel certificate. This is one reason I travel with Alaska because if you buy from their own website and the fare changes you are entitled to a price guarantee refund. There are some fine print details, but not many. Have a good trip!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,292 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska air

I started watching fares from LAX-PVR in January. I paid $333.67 for an April 22nd flight, which I booked a month in advance. I checked fares on Kayak, but purchased directly from Alaska.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska air

We've already booked our November flight with Alaska for around $330 (give or take). I was looking a month or so before we booked and the fares kept going up so I bit the bullet and booked before they went up anymore!

We got return fares for 2 pax LAX-PVR direct for $1200.

Grass Valley...
Level Contributor
539 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaska air

We have been watching prices on our usual n/s Alaska flight for months,. Our Oct/Nov dates are absolutely outrageous from SFO to PVR, $815 all in r/t.

Thank goodness Virgin America is an option for us. Right now only $486, r/t n/s all in. Still going to wait for a while. Dropping oil prices might be a help later this summer. Normally we don't purchase tickets until Aug.

san jose
Level Contributor
61 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alaska air

Alaska is running a special right now. Just booked it from SFO to PVR on a direct flight for $50 less than last weeks price.

california
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alaska air

thanks, for info. I am going to watch until next weds. I know you need to book at least two months in advance to get a good rate. I hope July they will run a special. thanks again. We will be there the sames dates as you.

Cindy

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,292 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alaska air

I booked one month in advance. The rate was quite a bit less than I would have paid the month prior.

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alaska air

I'd wait a little. Sept is low season anyways.

We fly Alaska SFO - PVR frequently.

Edited: 22 June 2012, 18:30
california
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Alaska air

thanks, i have always booked two to three months prior to going. Never waited until just before i go. Always seems it's higher to book before you go. I know gas prices fell again yesterday, might go down somewhat. Or again a gas surge could happen.

thanks

10. Re: Alaska air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:41