We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

Does anyone know where I can purchase Canadian cigarettes in Nuevo or Puerto Vallarta. I have injured my back in a boating mishap and have had to extend my stay until I am able to fly home. Although I, myself cannot go shopping, I am hoping someone here at my resort can help me. I realize this is a nasty habit but right now I could use this to get my mind off the pain.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

Haven't seen any Canadian cigarettes anywhere ever. Perhaps you could ask someone to mule down for you, or you'll have to suck it up (pardon the pun) and smoke something locally available.

They don't even carry Canadian cigs at duty free that I've ever seen. US brands only.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

Sorry for the accident. Wish you speedy recovery.

Did you have any problems extending hotel (did they give you a discount?) or changing airline rez.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,603 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

I quit four years ago, but when I smoked and was in Mexico I would buy Benson and Hedges...they were closest to a decent cigarette I could find in Mexico.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 16:29
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

closest thing you will find is dunhills or rothmans from the uk in the tobacco shop in the plaza in Nuevo

sorry bout yer luck !!

Bruce

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

Thank you all for your suggestions as I have, at one time or another smoked all 3 brands.

Thank you, Karenjme. Had to cancel return flight and will pay one way fare when I am able to return. Thankfully I am an owner at my resort and the concierges and staff are taking excellent care of me as my family has returned home - at my insistance. I was in the hospital and now have an excellent doctor who has made himself available 24/7. My husband is at home 'dealing' with the insurance company as to whether they will airlift me home.

In the meantime, my morphine patch is not catching all the pain which concerns us all. As a smoker my cigarettes provide some comfort.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

Inremission, where are you staying?

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

The Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

How long does Dr say til you can go home? R U able to do ANYTHING? Looked at website for your Grand luxxe. Sure is a nice place.

When WORKED and traveled a lot, I had MEDJET ASSIST (about $900 for 3 years)....As medically necessary they WOULD fly you home.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

We have a travel insurance policy from Bank of Montreal Mastercard that covers pretty much everything from cancellations to air repatriation for yourself and a travelling companion, and extends to a couple of family members. The only caveat is that you are limited to 31 days for each particular trip. At this point (prior to retirement) it is a steal.

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nasty habit but need Canadian cigarettes!

I am flat on my back (or side - whichever is less painful) and can't do anything. I have a great deal of pain when sitting. It is the 5 hour flight and time sitting before and after the flight which prevents me from returning. We have been paying for travel insurance from Manulife for exactly the coverage you describe, CLAYMORES52, for many years. Manulife is saying we are no longer covered. This has come as a terrible shock to us as we have continued to pay the premiums. The agent we originally dealt with is looking into it but we have not heard anything back. It is a nightmare!