We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,140 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

My friend sent me this link and I´ve been having so much fun with it today. Give it a try. It´s from the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) and absolutely free.

Yes, the Spanish is Castilian (from Spain) , but it teaches a lot in a fun way, for any level. I can´t really describe it. I just think the program and photography are amazing.

www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

Gracias

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

Thanks! I try a lot of fun Spanish links online also but do tend to avoid the Castilian ones, preferring Latin American Spanish. But, will try it based on your recommendation, since I know you've taken quite a bit of Spanish in the PV area. Thanks for sharing.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

Fun

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
934 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

mucho gracias

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

Muchas gracias will check it out when return home...:)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,140 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

A bit of a follow-up. This link--La Vida Loca-- is kind´ve special as it like a drama in which you are a player in the drama. I´ve never seen anything quite like it. It is interactive. When it is your turn to do something the camera zeros in on you. (They help you.)

I´ve looked at 10 episodes so far and have to stop myself from continuing to watch. Every 10-minute episode is a cliff-hanger. Beautifully filmed. Scenery, Excellent.

On another note, I found a site which helps with understanding spoken Spanish. This is my big problem. I can say almost anything, but, unless people speak slowly or I can see a written text, I have trouble.

Anyway, I just paid for 6 months ($54.00) for the following site. Basically, they have a library of videos in which you can listen at full-speed with subtitles, slow it down, or hide one or both available sub-titles (English and Spanish) The speakers are from a range of countries and they tell you which accent the native speaker has.

http://lomastv.com/subscribe.php

7. Re: A great fun and excellent link for Spanish learning.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 10:17