We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather prediction for October 2012 in PVR

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather prediction for October 2012 in PVR

Hi,

I know you cannot predict the weather. But I wanted to hear from others who have gone to Puerto Vallarta in early October (we're going Oct 6-13). It's not just a routine all-inclusive trip for me, this is for our wedding, so I'm more nervous about it than I normally would be.

I just don't want know if it rains every late afternoon - maybe we should get married early in the day to avoid that since I'd like to have our ceremony on the beach.

Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather prediction for October 2012 in PVR

It's the tail end of our rainy season, less chance of rain and generally late afternoon at the earliest, but, as you said, "I know you cannot predict the weather." so cross your fingers. :)

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,721 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather prediction for October 2012 in PVR

Been going for the last 2 weeks of October since 2001. Late October is still hot 85 plus with lots of sun. Humidity can be hit or miss. Sometimes still high (but not like the summer) and othe times none. Can count the number of total rains on my fingers and those have been well after dark. Have been told by others that earlier October has a little more rain but not much more.

Congrats on your wedding and good luck.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather prediction for October 2012 in PVR

Things change dramatically between the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks in October, almost as a switch has been pulled.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,386 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather prediction for October 2012 in PVR

There are no absolute guarantees on the weather, even in high season. The closest thing to a guarantee you can get is to hold your wedding in a covered location.

In the tropics when you're coming towards the end of the normal rainy season, you should always have a plan B for weather established with your wedding planner. That's the best "guarantee" we can give.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather prediction for October 2012 in PVR

Thanks for your replies everyone. We do have a back up location, so I guess that's the best we can do.

As long as we get married and have a great party I shouldn't care right? Here's to crossing our fingers though!

Edited: 18 August 2012, 22:24
6. Re: Weather prediction for October 2012 in PVR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 10:17