We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

I went to MED SPA in the Marina today for a waxing & it was almost the worst 2.5 hours of my life! Yup, 2.5 hours for a waxing! After the first go round which was very painful (shouldn't be) the gal tells me I am ready to go. I look down, my legs are still covered in hair. They say they will redo with a different wax. When I left there, my armpits were sticking together. OK, sounds funny but very painful. This is because they didn't use talcum powder first. I am covered in wax from the soles of my feet to my armpits. I have no idea how the wax got into some of the places it is at. She was so sloppy with the wax, it was everywhere. At times she was spreading it with her finger instead of the stick!

When I talked with the owners daughter Gaby, she curtly replied 'I'm sorry' & walked away.

When this place first opened they had good services. It has seriously run downhill. F, F, F for customer service.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
936 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

Mineral oil or baby oil will remove the wax.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

Thank you. As soon as my boyfriend is off work I am going home to shower. Everytime I uncross my legs they stick together! I try not to write bad reviews. This was the 2nd time at this spa though (different procedure) & the manager SO rude I just couldn't help myself.

Edited: 19 August 2012, 01:51
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,125 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

Oh yuck. Time to get out the razor again, huh? Sorry. Not funny.

Never had a waxing but I do get all my mani-pedi-spa-massage work done in the Marina, so it's good to know one to avoid. Where is this place? Seems with the Marina having so many empty storefronts, there are still quite a few spa service places, handing out coupons, out there.

Also, periodically, people who stay at the hotels in the Marina ask about spa services cheaper than the hotels so I like to keep up.

Good luck on this one and good to see you back Kathleen.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

This is across from Starbucks, where Amerimed used to be.

Good to see you too MArlySF

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

You should try Artepil next time!! It's awesome... there's one in plaza Neptuno now!!!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,125 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

The OP lives in PV so is not a tourist, but thanks for posting this as I've had friends searching for a spa near the hotel zone and, for the life of me, I could not remember the name of Artepil to recommend it, except that it started with an *A.* Should have written that one down. Not everyone looking for a spa is on the southside.

Can I assume the original Artepil onCalle Viena is still there? Hope so as I'll be down soon.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

I'm sorry but what ladies wiil do.Sounds painful

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,125 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

yaz --- you are so funny.

I've never been waxed (and not planning on it --- ouch) but there have been threads here asking for spas/massage places and most (if not all) are on the southside. I've walked by Artepil numerous times (in the Versalles colonia, near the hotel zone) on my way to school or my dentist and have met the owner and have wanted to recommend it to people looking for a spa near the hotel zone ---- but I couldn't remember the name.

As far as nails/massage and probably other spa treatments, they do have a very good reputation, based on reports from my female buddies in PV and on them being active in the community. Not everyone in Vallarta lives on the southside so it's nice to have resources in a different part of town.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

Artepil is now open in the MArina!!!!!! Neptune Plaza. And yes it is still in Versailles on Vienna.

10. Re: Horrible waxing treatment at Med Spa in Marina!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 10:19