We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ironing

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
59 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Ironing

Discussion Topic...I am working on packing for our trip to Puerto Vallarta. We leave Saturday (8/25/12). Trying to decide if I should iron my clothes before I pack them, and hope they don't get wrinkled in the luggage. Or should I just pack, and worry about ironing as I want to wear the clothes? We are staying at Secrets Vallarta Bay, and I am sure there will be a iron and ironing board in our room. What does everyone else normally do?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ironing

I have never in my life been able to pack without things getting wrinkled. My small hotel furnishes me an iron and ironing board, which I keep up in a little offshoot area of my room and I just iron as needed. I also rent it out cheaply to others that stay across the pool from me.

Near Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ironing

I'm old an wrinkled an match my clothes. Seems fitting. Actually wrinkles don't have a chance against the tropical humidity. Even my face plumps up!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,066 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ironing

How TSA goes through your luggage today it's not worth the time to iron before packing, and it's that much quicker to neatly fold and pack; it usually takes just as long to touch things up as it does to iron to begin with.

One tip if your traveling with someone else... divide your clothes in your checked luggage, if one bag is lost you'll both still have clothes

Also, you will be surprised at the amount of people that don't bother to iron at all.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ironing

JNS, Thanks for last sentence of your post above this one. I was beginning to think I was strange because I'm one who hasn't bought any clothes that needed to be ironed in years.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,497 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ironing

I have found that rolling my clothes, instead of placing them flat results in a lot less ironing needed.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ironing

I hang up my shirts when we arrive and let the humidity do the ironing.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ironing

Ted, I've always suspected that you were a pretty smart man, but now I know you are!

Like katnsocal, I roll my clothes when I'm packing them and after I unpack and put them on hangers in the PV area, it doesn't take long until they look like they've been ironed.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ironing

I have used the Downy Wrinkle Releaser with good results while traveling. You can usually find it in a 3 oz travel size.

amazon.com/Downy-Wrinkle-Releaser-33-8-oz/dp…

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ironing

He He, haven't ironed any clothes or even folded them in 18 years, my laundry and my maid does all that ! Oh! the joy of living in Mexico :)

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ironing

Ummm... what's an iron?