We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

Napa, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

Hello,

We leave for PVR on Friday, and are looking for the closest Santander Serfin ATM to the Marina area (we're staying at the Westin).

Does anyone know where the closest Santander Serfin ATM is to that location? Unfortunately, we cannot use another brand, nor can we locate this information on Google.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you!!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,868 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

How long are you staying? That sometimes matters. The reason I ask is that I used a Santander ATM in the airport in the last year and got 4,000 pesos out and it lasted me for two weeks (I always take pesos with me also, maybe 2,000 or so, from the last trip). I was staying for a month so went to one downtown two weeks later.

If you're going to be at the airport anyway, that should keep you going for awhile. Would be difficult to find one more convenient.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
24 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

We'll be staying a week. Given the current exchange rate, we only need about 2000 pesos to start (enough for cab fare, drinks and what we don't charge to the room at the hotel or on a credit card).

Am I understanding correctly that you found a Santander Serfin ATM inside the airport? If so, can you describe where it was located?

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,868 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

Possibly others who use Santander can chime in (since I don't have a BofA account, thus get no benefit in using that specific ATM) but there is a *bank* (pardon the term --- what I mean is a *collection*) of ATM's with various bank logos on them (Banamex, Bancomer, Santander, etc. ---- I don't remember exactly which ones but there are SEVERAL lined up in a row) near the main exit of the airport and near where the domestic passengers exit. It's aways from where the international passengers exit.

Let me explain. Since you live up the road from me, I assume you are flying to PV from SFO. When you get off the plane, you first go through Immigration (passports) and then Customs (baggage check) and the red/green light. Lots of walking for awhile.

At that point, after Customs, you make a left and go through the rooms of really aggressive timeshare sharks (don't acknowledge them, as they will try to convince you that they are your transportation --- but they aren't).

When you pass them, you will go through a set of glass double-doors and get out into the Welcome Room, where people will meet their transportation or hire a taxi.

On your right will be a very large glass wall. Go to the end of the glass wall and make a U-turn and walk back in the opposite direction. At that point, you will pass some little cafe/bars and the restrooms (which will be on the left). Keep walking near the wall on your right. Soon, you will come upon "the collection" of ATM's from various banks, including Santander.

The only suggestion I'd give you is to have someone you know stand behind you as you are getting money out (that goes for any ATM) so that nobody can get too close and see how much money you get out.

I've been going to PV for 30 years and have never had any trouble taking money out of any ATM there (even though I travel alone) but, as everywhere, just be aware of your surroundings as the airport is a busy place.

The ATM's are easy to find BUT ---- they will be past the areas where the taxis are. So, you may have to initially pass up the taxis to find them. Not a problem. You can go get your pesos and then retrace your steps to get a taxi afterward.

Good luck and have a great trip.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,868 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

Missed my edit window. Wanted to mention that when we were at the Westin (where I think you mentioned you were staying) the end of 2008, the hotel desk exchanged our USD into pesos for the bank rate. We were quite surprised.

Never saw that in our previous trips. If they still do it, that would help you out a lot. We were very appreciative as the US economy was falling apart then and the bank rate was changing dramatically each day. Helped quite a bit to be able to depend on the hotel desk to keep up with the banks.

Have a great trip.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

There is also a taxi booth right near the ATMs

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,868 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

Also, I may have confused the OP with another poster (who said they were staying at the Westin) but I can't tell, since the other original thread was removed.

Sorry if so, but the point remains that it's probably easier to get $$ (pesos) from an ATM at the airport than almost any place else, especially for a short stay.

Since you live there, sioux, wouldn't you say that it was very easy to get pesos at the airport? (just to make the OP feel better).

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,924 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

No I've never found a Santander at the airport. But then I wasn't looking that hard, because as a Bank of America customer I can also use Scotia with no fees (which is in the line with 3-4 other ATM machines right by the taxi booth near the exit doors) suze

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

I posted on the other thread just now. If I were you I wouldn´t chance using Scotia machines as early as this Friday. . Theoretically you can use them without fees but they have been having technical problems with some foreign debit and credit cards. Maybe BofA customers aren´t affected. Maybe some BofA customers who have used Scotia machines very recently (since July) can report.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,868 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

Interesting info, Libby, for people who need to use a particular machine.

suze --- I've used Santander machines in the airport at least twice in the past 2 years. They are there, or used to be, up until recently. I'm not a big fan of their machines though (not as easy to negotiate in Spanish/English as the Bancomer machines, in my experience).

I've been to PV 8 times in three years and Santander machines were there each time I used PVR ATM's. Doesn't mean they are there now though. Things change.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,924 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santander Serfin ATM near Marina

marlySF- Like I clearly said in my post I didn't even look for a Santanders at the airport because I knew where the Scotia bank one was next to the taxi stand that I was going to use. This was in May last year so I guess they could have moved everything around since then, but I don't think so.

suze