We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which zip line is best?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which zip line is best?

A few years ago we did El Eden.

Then it seemed to be the best,

I know that there are several more now.

Which do you feel are best now?

Tucson
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which zip line is best?

We just went to Rancho MiChaparrita a couple weeks ago. They are located in Sayulita and offer 13 lines, 3 suspension bridges and a fun crew. They also handle ATV and horse back riding.

Hinton, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which zip line is best?

My kids (13 and 15 at the time) went on the Los Veranos zip line just south of Puerto Vallarta! Everyone had a great time! The kids absolutely loved it! It was my first time zip lining so was a bit nervous at first but you start off pretty easy and work your way up - literally! The staff are wonderful - very entertaining and very helpful on the lines. No regrets!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,080 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which zip line is best?

We went on the Los Veranos zip line in May and had a blast! The guides made sure you were safe and were quite entertaining. We will definitely use them again when we take our kids with us next time.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which zip line is best?

Any of the ones by Vallarta Adventures, especially the Outdoor Adventure one. Totally the best tour company in the area when it comes to safety, fun and adventure. If you have younger children, the Los Veranos is good because it has other activities included.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which zip line is best?

I still prefer the original Los Veranos Canopy Tour, who everyone else copied.

I by far prefer the system they use with a cable, over Vallarta Adventures who use two synthetic lines and you have to use a glove to control the speed - didn't like that, tended to make me spin around !

United States
Level Contributor
9,602 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which zip line is best?

I've been on two. Los Veranos Canopy Tour and Canopy el Eden where they filmed The Predator with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Both were totally different. Both were zip lines only... No rope climbs or decents,, no suspension bridges etc. just zip zip zip. Los Veranos is where you hold on and sit in a cannon ball (bc it makes you go faster as you zip?) and we flew over the trees, bushes, deep cut outs of valleys and river below. We loved it. The guys make you feel really comfortable n they have loud fun dancy type music playing while they help u get in your gear. Then they instruct. You can take your camera...wear on you're elbow! Oh, and be sure to buy their DVD filmed as you go. Canopy el Eden was great too and/much FASTER for us. We FLEW on the cables and sometimes I was worried I might not stop! But still loved it. No cameras allowed and there might be a surprise or two when you walk from zip to zip! This zip line you ride with your legs out straight! (Probably because its fast already!!!) Whatever you choose you will enjoy!

7. Re: Which zip line is best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 18:17