We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

Seattle
Level Contributor
135 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

I need to get a blood draw and info from it, faxed back to the US. Anyone know of a good place near Los Arcos where this can be done? And roughly, how much it costs.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

Call Pamela Thompson at Health Care Resources. 222 9638, Cel 322 107 7007

http://healthcareresourcespv.com/home.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

For the blood draw contact Pam as noted. For the faxing, Mail Boxes Etc. in the Rivera Molina plaza just east of Vista del Sol and Molino de Agua condos, facing out onto I.L. Vallarta, would be your best bet. The owner is great and they are friendly with Pam, so she'd probably send you there anyways. (-;

Seattle
Level Contributor
135 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

Thank You both for the info.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,608 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

Depending on where you are staying many of the resorts have a doctor on-site who could do the draw and fax the results for you.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,349 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

In the original post they indicate Los Arcos, so it appears they are on the south side. I don't recall PLA having an on-site doctor.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 18:46
Seattle
Level Contributor
135 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

I can walk to a clinic, or such to do the blood draw. So do not really need an on site Dr.

Am sure that Los Arcos has a Dr on call, but would rather just go to a clinic. I hate to call in a Dr., as it would waste his time to just do a draw.

I have emailed Pam at JR's suggestion to see where she recomends to go to in the area.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,608 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

I would not call a doctor in either. The resort I stay in has a doctor on site and you can just walk into his office and his nurse can draw your blood. I agree not the case at PLA.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

When we have had blood work done, the lab will fax or email the results.

Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

when my SO needed this done, Pam made all the arrangements. His blood draws were at the hospital just off Basilio Badillo and Insurgentes (Medassist?) and results were sent from the lab to his doctor. Cost was about 200 pesos (5 years ago).

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Blood Draw and Info Faxed

Yes, there is a lab at Medasist Hospital- you can walk from Los Arcos. No doctor required. The price will depend on the rests run. They also email the tests- not sure they will fax it but there is a copy/fax place less than two blocks away on the corner of Basilio Badillo and Aguacate. The only thing is that all the results and such are in Spanish :)