We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

I am trying to book flights for March from Vancouver BC.

We fly to a popular destination airport (Cancun or Puerto Vallarta), rent a car and head inland. It seems that the flights from Vancouver to these destinations have become taxing and convoluted with one and two stops at strange hours. Even so far as traveling to Toronto and then south.

What's going on? Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I looking too early? Which airlines, carriers are folks booking with?

I've checked All the commercial lines and then Airtransat, sunwing....

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for helping.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

I had a quick glance at my favourite site for charter airfares, and found generally agreeable hours - at least on Sunwing and WestJet; I didn't look further.

tripcentral.ca/PHP/…

westcoast
Level Contributor
923 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

Westjet has daily direct flights from YVR to PVR and two on saturdays.Departing at 0600.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

I'm a little confused since Westjet has direct fligths every day but Friday AC has direct flights on Saturday, Sunwing has direct flights on Fridays and Canjet has them on Saturdays.

Alaska goes via Seattle daily,

US has them via Phoenix daily.

Lots of options.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

I fly Westjet and have never had an issue booking. I use their website and only book the non-stop direct to PV. 6 am is my favourite and the late flight coming back. If you are having trouble why not just phone them?

Edited: 20 October 2012, 23:12
Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

WestJet has worked for us for the past several trips as well. Direct (scheduled) flights ... what's not to like!!

Edited: 20 October 2012, 23:18
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,454 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

There should not be any promblems with that much notice.You have received great advice.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

We have flown down direct from both Vancouver and Victoria on Westjet amd three times Sunwing.....other times we use Alaska (out of Victoria), with a quick stop in Seattle.

Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

we drive from Langley to Seattle and fly Alaska from there. You could also try a flight out of Bellingham, will connect you to Vallarta thru Seattle. Or, Horizon Air Vancouver (or Bellingham) to Seattle and then Vallarta from there. Westjet also flies to Vallarta out of Abbotsford.

Edited: 21 October 2012, 00:46
Abbotsford, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

Check out Abbotsford YXX, cheap parking, no hassle. I know Westjet flys direct, as well, Noli and Transat used to charter out of YXX and still may.

Edited: 21 October 2012, 15:26
10. Re: Frustrated with flights from Vancouver BC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 10:16