We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pv beaches

california
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pv beaches

Hi we will be stoping in PV for one day , we are on a cruise. We are interested in a nice beach with clear water. Any suggestions on how to get to playa Gemelas from the port area? Water taxi or car/ van taxi?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pv beaches

Best way is by taxi, you would have to take two busses from the Marine Terminal, it's quite a distance. The federal plated Marine Terminal taxi would be very expensive, suggest you exit the terminal and walk 1 block south to the Soriana store and negotiate with a yellow local city taxi.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pv beaches

JR has given you sage advice. Enjoy. And when you are ready to go home simply go back up to the highway and hail a cab from the highway or walk into the Presidente Intercontinental and there will be a cab there or they will call you one.

california
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pv beaches

thanks! In your opinion is it worth the drip?

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pv beaches

Yes it is worth the trip.

Anaheim Hills, CA
Level Contributor
494 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pv beaches

Socal, just so you know, the beaches look exactly like what you find where we live. The water is warmer, it is not clear like the Caribbean side. It is beautiful though!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pv beaches

although playa gemelas is a beach we go to every time we visit pv---know that there are no bathroom facilities.

there is a restaurant in the condos on the southern beach(i forget the name of the place--sorry) so you will have to enter from the street. they won't let you in from the beach.

we only went there once.

there are no lounge chairs or palapas on the 2 beaches--only for condo use.

i'm not trying to discourage you but you should know that going in.

depending on your time factor--you can visit los muertos beach--eat, drink etc and then bus it and spend a few hours on playa gemelas.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pv beaches

My suggestion would be to pay for a day-pass at Garza Blanca Beach Hotel - I believe the cost is $50USD & some of that goes toward your food & drink - the beach there has very clear water & the sand is fine, not gritty like some of the beaches in PV - there are umbrellas & lounge chairs, beach service etc, kayaks, & not sure what else - the food there is wonderful & off from the stunningly beautiful pool area are men's & ladies' rooms - not sure if they give you a place to change (we were staying in old town & just went there in our swimsuits & cover up) or you just use the restroom, but hey, nothing wrong with that! I can't remember for a fact, but i'm pretty sure it is a little closer to town than Playa Gemelas -

california
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pv beaches

thank you for the idea, i will look into this

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pv beaches

lopo--it is closer---and i always wanted to hit that beach. i may have asked but my old mind forgets---is there a public access to that beach--if so where is it? and thx

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pv beaches

I agree, it's a good choice for a day trip ...