We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex, New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

Has anyone gone on a tour or rented a boat to get to Yelapa? I know Vallarta Adventures does one but we really just want a boat to get us there and take us home. I know about the water taxis but I have a fear of smaller boats so I was hoping to take a larger boat.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

Your best bet is to take the bus or taxi to Boca and there you can take the water taxi to Yelapa.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

Those are smaller boats.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

If you want a larger boat with like another 100 tourists , Vallarta Adventures is the way to go, For a smaller group I would go for Pegaso Charters

Sussex, New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

Like I said, I would prefer not to use the water taxi. Pegaso Charters looks more like what I wanted, just a little pricey. I might have to just suck it up and take the taxi though because it seems like the other options are far more expensive.

Winnipeg, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

Take the bus to Boca and ask for Francisco. He will take you anywhere you want by boat.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

jd --- you can ask for lifevests if it will make you feel more comfortable and if you take the watertaxi from boca it is shorter, good luck to you--you will be okay--have a blast

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

If you decide to take water taxi, which will be by far cheapest make sure to go to Boca as it is much shorter ride from there. Best of luck!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

And use the cooperative water taxis, an independent panga will be far more expensive.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

Maybe this will ease your mind......when you think of how many times a day the water taxi's go back and forth without incident.........they really are reasonably safe.

10. Re: Getting to Yelapa (water taxi)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:18