We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay - AI with great beach area

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Great Falls, MT
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay - AI with great beach area

Over 15 years ago we stayed in Neuvo Vallarta. We have talked about that stay many times and decided it is time to return. It does not matter if we stay in PV or Neuvo. We want full ocean view, AI with a good variety of restaurants and a great beach as I am a beach walker. I wanted to stay at Dreams PV, but since it is in a cove, I it doesn't look like I will be able to walk the long streatches of beach that I so enjoy. So . . . looking for suggestions. Our stay (for two) will most likely be the 1st week of April as we are trying to avoid the spring breakers.

Thank you

MT Beach Girl

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay - AI with great beach area

I would say try the new Secrets if you decided you wanted to be in town except for it's not on the best beach, but would be adults oceanfront room categories to choose from and good restaurant selections, but the beach may kill that idea.

If you want the long walkable beaches, you would probably be happier in nuevo. Try the Riu Palace Pacifico (you can use the facilities at the Riu Vallarta and the Riu Jalisco as well if you like)or the Dreams Villa Magna (if you wanted to go to town, you can eat at the Dreams PV, new Now Amber or new Secrets), transportation to the other resorts is not included. A couple for you to start looking at:)

Good luck.

Great Falls, MT
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay - AI with great beach area

Thank you for your reply. I will look at your suggestions

Beach Girl

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay - AI with great beach area

Another adults-only all-inclusive option would be Villa Premier, like Secrets not the best beach for swimming but a good walking beach, you can walk all the way into town, VP is a smaller boutique hotel, not as many dining options bug the food is comparable to fine dining in town, top shelf liquor and more on the quiet side; the hotel is a shared property with the Buenaventura next door if youre looking for a more social evening with a popular beach bar that you are also entitled to with your AI stay at VP.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay - AI with great beach area

Just returned from our 4th stay at Dreams Villa Magna. It has everything and more than you want. The first week of April will bea very busy time with a lot of Mexicans celebrating the Easter holiday. We have been at Dreams for the last 3 May's during their Mother's day (another big Mexican holiday) and it was not as crowded as other resorts that we walked by on the beach.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay - AI with great beach area

PS: I would wait until the second weekend in April. Easter is Mar. 31 this year and it will be super busy with a carry over to the following days. Also, our spring break is the last week of march (and I'm sure in other places as well), so you may end of with families staying two weeks and that would carry into the 1st week of April.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,495 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay - AI with great beach area

Agree with married11 on dates..

How about Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta..good food, choice of restaurants.. or room service, ocean front, and long walkable beach...

7. Re: Where to stay - AI with great beach area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:16