We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,778 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

We're spending a week at Casa Isabel and then 4 nights at Dreams PV thanks to the help of great ppl here. We're looking forward to dining at CI of course. Can you also recommend a casual but romantic spot for dinner, perhaps overlooking the water with a sunset? I would like surprise my wife with a great dinner in a nice but not stuffy atmosphere. This would be a special dinner for us, but we really prefer a comfortable place with good food and a casual atmosphere with a friendly staff over a fancy restaurant. After dinner music (or during) would also be a bonus. We plan to enjoy the street "vendors" that are recommended on JJ's site We are also there during Restaurant Weeks if that has any bearing.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

A few years ago we had our 25th anniversary dinner at Vista Grill at sunset with wonderful views, then we taxied down to La Palapa (same owners as Vista Grill) for dessert and "sexy coffee". Wonderful food and atmosphere at both restaurants, and nice entertainment at La Palapa.

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

Both suggestions are good. La Palapa on the beach but casually elegant and romantic. Vista Grill higher up with a great view. Might also look into the B&B/boutique hotel Hacienda San Angel. Have not been there but it is very special with an amazing view and often has mariachi music. Google it and you can check it out. It's in the downtown area as opposed to Old Town but an easy taxi from Casa Isabel. Hope you report back on your trip. I was one of many who suggested combining Casa Isabel with Dreams. Two of my favorite places.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

I would give a thumbs up to Ah Carrumba for your special dinner. As good a view as any of the above and great food, and impeccable service. It's located at 1071 Equador.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

I would also suggest La Palapa on the beach or Daiquiri Dicks.

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
973 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

I would add Mama Rosa, gerat place & very good food. Has a nice view & prices are not over the top. check the reviewa & have nice time

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

That would be JR's site, and yes that is a great place to start. All the restaurants mentioned are great, however I would also add Trio.

http://www.triopv.com/

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

For a really special dinner with incredible atmosphere and very romantic, I would recommend Hacienda San Angel. For one that is more casual, less fancy and great service, I would suggest Daiquiri Dicks.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,236 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

La Palapa. Great after dinner music 8- 11 every night. . Casual elegant atmosphere right on the beach. Great place for sunsets.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

Vista Grill is a fabulous restaurant, but the view is almost exactly the same as Casa Isabel.

"perhaps overlooking the water with a sunset?"

La Playita at Lindo Mar would be my choice, LP is situated right over the water with fantastic rock formations below you, a perfect spot for sunset dinner. It is located a few minutes south of Casa Isabel, and a few minutes north of Dreams.

Then head to either La Palapa or River Café for after dinner coffee and some music.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,218 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant for a special, yet casual dinner

I loved Coco's Kitchen for a romantic but casual atmosphere (no view though) excellent coconut shrimp :) La Palapa get's my vote for right on the beach. Agreeing with Teduardo for both the suggestion for River Cafe for music in the bar later on (and that Vista Grill is too similar to Casa Isabel so probably not what you're after for this particular meal).

suze