We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is PVC right for me?

Oakland...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is PVC right for me?

We are a couple in our late 50s looking for relaxation by the beach, some side trips and good restaurants but need to relax, not into big night life. Are we looking at the wrong area? Don't know Mexico well and want a short trip from Northern California. Any advice is welcome!

P.s.meant to say PV but it auto corrected!

Edited: 11 December 2012, 10:23
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is PVC right for me?

PV is perfect for what your looking for!. Also 50s, we've been vacationing in Puerto Vallarta for over 20+ years... relax on the beach or by the pool, plenty of cultural/walking tours of the city, food tours, tequiila tours, art galleries and day trips to choose from; PV is also know for having some of the best restaurants, hospitality and the 'charm' of Mexico you wont find anywhere else. Just be sure you are staying in Puerto Vallarta vs Nuevo or you will be 45+ mins away from downtown and everything that PV has to offer. Let us know if you need any suggestions for restaurants, hotels or accommodations you may be looking for. Good luck!

Edited: 11 December 2012, 10:35
delaware united...
Level Contributor
291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is PVC right for me?

You will be surprised . we also were in our 50s for our first trip,now in 60s we often say why did we wait so long.it is everything you want it to be.freindly people,great weather,good food ,lots to do or just relax.stay with this forum and lots of info will come your way.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is PVC right for me?

We are in a similar age group and also don't do the party hardy thing. We enjoy the PV area very much. There is no shortage of things to do and see. Meeting new folks is a treat, both the locals and other vacationers. If you want to just relax, there are a variety of beaches. We have never felt unsafe in our wandering about. For an even more relaxed visit, this year we are staying in Bucerias, just up the road a few minutes. I agree with duallde, there is also tons of info on this forum. PV is worth the visit !

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
758 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is PVC right for me?

I am 58 and PV gets my vacation dollars. I have been here 5 times and love it more and more. The people are fabulous...

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is PVC right for me?

There's loads of people in your age range who go to Puerto Vallarta regularly. It's a city with something for everyone. It's a perfect place for a first trip to Mexico imo. Sure there's nightlife but doesn't mean you have to participate. Lots of day trips available, tours and activities, or just sitting on the beach or by the pool. PV is wonderful because it has genuine local flavor along with the tourist ammenities that have developed there. More good restaurants then you'll get to in a lifetime :) suze

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
642 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is PVC right for me?

We are also in your age group, and after going to Acapulco and Zihua for years, have found PV and LOVE IT. It's great for walking around, and we also love sitting at the beach. The area is beautiful and the food is wonderful! We are not really in to the party scene at night either.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is PVC right for me?

We have been coming here for over 25yrs. and still can't get enough. There is so much to do, places to see and restaurants to have wonderful dining experiences at. There seems to be something magical about PV that keeps you coming back. You can't help but have a great time.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,025 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is PVC right for me?

We are in our 50's and love PV for all the reasons everyone has stated, plus it has been perfect for us since we were in our 30's too lol, so it's a great place with variety.

"Don't know Mexico well and want a short trip from Northern California". This jumped out at me and I'm wondering what you mean by "short" ?

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is PVC right for me?

If you are seriously thinking of PV, let us have some more info, such as budget, most important vs least important things you want in a hotel, the beach, the pool area etc.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is PVC right for me?

Many of us in your age group love Vallarta! I stay in a condo in the area south of the Cuale River. I can walk to restaurants and nightlife or sit on the balcony and read. Lindo Mar or Dreams might work really well for you. They are both south of town, yet a brief trip by bus or taxi.

When I lived in NorCal, I usually took non-stop flights from SFO. It takes a bit over 3 hours. Once I took a flight from Oakland and connected in Mexico City. Once I flew out of Sacramento and connected in Dallas. It's not bad at all.