We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GCP suites?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
GCP suites?

what is the difference between a reg room and a top floor suite?( we have a ocean front room reserved).. is it worth a upgrade? what extra is included in it?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GCP suites?

The 7th floor is the penthouse floor. Have stayed in both 7002 and 7003 in the past. Each was a double room suite. First was a combination living room and dining room with sofa, TV, and big table with chairs. The other was the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom had a separate large soaking tub, shower, toilet and double sink. Both rooms had a large sliding door that opened on to a deck that extended the full length of both rooms. On the deck was a table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers like those at the pool.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GCP suites?

well not sure if it is a penthouse suite they mentioned to me.... they just said they have suites offered on the top floor with a king bed and i can get a fridge with those rooms. it's for a up charge of course but i don't know if it's just a reg suite or not... i sent them a email back and i am waiting to see if i get a reply back. i seen on their web site they have a jacuzzi suite ( some in the room, some on the deck), honeymoon suites, suites with a kitchenette some without, so many imo, that it confused me...

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,066 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GCP suites?

Lin : we definitely found it worth upgrading to a suite... check out my review "Room 1820 ASweet Suite With A View"

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150793-d155…

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GCP suites?

great review. thanks. how do you know what kind of suite you will get, there seems to be many different kinds? jacuzzi in the room, on the deck, with a kitchenette, without....honeymoon suite, etc...

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,066 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GCP suites?

you may want to PM senorbobo hes the expert at GCP, i think someone referenced our rooom/suite as being in the main tower...

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GCP suites?

Ocean view (facing pool) are regular rooms.

Ocean front are on the water. Of these, the first room closest to the pool side has a jacuzzi on the deck (room ends in 01) the room at the far end closest to the Crown has a jacuzzi inside (room ends in 12). Rooms ending in 01 and 12 are bigger than the others. This is the first 6 floors. 7th floor is penthouse as I noted.

The rooms above the lobby and restaurants are what are sometimes called the timeshare suites. They have a living/dining room and a small kitchenette. Although I have never stayed in these, I have had several friends that did so have been in them to visit a few times. Kind of like a small apartment.

Hope this helps.l

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GCP suites?

I've gotten a "timeshare suite" once. Probaby got an upgrade, as I had booked 4 rooms total for family that trip. They are very nice. And the coolest thing I discovered, was that about dusk every night, a swarm of bats fly right past the balcony and then make a sharp left turn toward the water. It was something we all started looking forward to.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GCP suites?

thanks. i also got a response back from the hotel today and they said :hola.

The difference the room is in the corner, with Jacuzzi, outside or inside the room, the fridge and we provide soft drink and beer one time a day. Into your fridge. " and it was on the top floor. so i think i will do it if i can get a jacuzzi on the balcony :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GCP suites?

well all booked for a jacuzzi suite on the balcony. so i hope it is worth the extra money ;)

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GCP suites?

Ask for it on floor 5 or 6 for the best view.

Enjoy the GCP