We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxxo

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
727 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Oxxo

Hi, Could anyone please confirm what time Oxxo stores in and around San Marino Hotel close on Xmas eve? I dont believe any are open 24 hours to begin with but I could be wrong. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
San Marino Hotel
San Marino Hotel
792 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oxxo

Unless the store manager lurks on TripAdvisor, I don't think anybody can "confirm ".

Your taxi or shuttle driver from the airport might know, as they'll know the neighbourhood. Failing that, somebody at the front desk of your hotel should know - and could suggest an alternative if need be.

PS, there's rumoured to be a new OXXO right at the airport. It probably keeps airport hours, in case you're arriving on the date in question.

Edited: 17 December 2012, 15:34
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Oxxo

The one on the corner of Olas Altas/Basilio Badillo (beachside) is open 24 hours.

The one across the street from the San Marino I believe is just open until midnight most days. I suspect the one on Olas Altas is going to be your better bet, but you'll know for sure whether the one across the street from SM is open when you pull up to the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Olas Altas
Olas Altas
446 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
727 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oxxo

Jenny, thank you so much. Great info. I am hoping the one near SM will be open until midnight on Xmas eve as I have read here that is the night locals want to party.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Oxxo

Yes it is. With OXXO being a franchise it's hard to say what hours they may choose for Christmas Eve in the smaller stores...the one on Olas Altas is a bit bigger and busy all the time.

Mentioned in this post
Olas Altas
Olas Altas
446 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oxxo

There is an Oxxo at the airport as well. If it's open 'd shop there to be sure.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oxxo

OXXO was open 24 hrs last year for Christmas.

7. Re: Oxxo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 14:54
Edited: 18 December 2012, 14:54
United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,766 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oxxo

FYI: We frequent the OXXO on Basillo Badillo/Olas Atlas because our hotel is near there. We have been short changed there at least three times that I am aware of. Know your pesos! We were purchasing snack items and I didn't have exact change. So I gave the guy paper money and I know change will be given to me in return. There was a big long line behind me. I could see he was trying to rush it and he threw the change into my hand. I stood there and opened my hand and pretended to count it. When he became aware that I was doing this and wasn't leaving the counter he grabbed my hand and began counting it. He then acted all surprised and reached for some more change from the till and gave it to me. I gave him a look. He did it a second time (the next year) again! I caught that too. Then the next time I went, I hadn't given him the correct amount (my error) and he got all riled up and demanded more. What goes around, comes around! LOL

Edited: 22 December 2012, 06:50
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
727 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oxxo

Thanks for the reminder. Actually, that happened to us at another store just like Oxxo, just dont recall the name but it is across the street from Tropicana. So, will have to get into the habit of counting change!

canada
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oxxo

Seems to be a national sport? I was short changed at the OXXO on the corner of Serdan and Pino Suarez just the other day.