We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best and cheapest time

charleroi, pa
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
best and cheapest time

hi planning on a trip toPV for the first time and the best is i have the luxury to travel anytime (one of the senior employees at work so i can choose any weeks of the year) and will be traveling solo so if any can help as to best months to go that would be also the cheapest thanks

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best and cheapest time

I believe the conventional recommendation for saving money would be to travel sometime during the last couple of weeks in October.

The high season for international tourism, to Puerto Vallarta, starts in November and runs through April. During "high season" you will probably be paying a lot more for your lodging.

By the last half of October, the rainy season will have concluded and the high temperatures and high humidity will have somewhat abated.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,796 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best and cheapest time

We hve been traveling in the shoulder seasons of May and late October for several years now. The weather is great and the prices are good. Temps are mid 80's and up with lots of sun, usually lower humidities, and very little to no rain.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: best and cheapest time

I should add that if you're there for Halloween night: stock up on some bags of candy and head to your favorite restaurant near the pier, in Old Town (a.k.a. the Olas Altas area). Local kids, of all ages, dress up in costume to go on trick-or-treat patrol when the sun sets!

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,846 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best and cheapest time

May or November. The weather is great but it is technically 'off season' so you can get lower apartment and hotel rates. suze

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best and cheapest time

Our High season (higher hotel prices) starts Dec 15th and continues to just after Easter. The rainy season starts around mid June to mid Oct.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best and cheapest time

We love Pacific coast trips in November.

It's quieter with fewer tourists, the rains have stopped (usually), and the mountainsides are lush from the rains still, and the prices are cheaper.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best and cheapest time

Agree both November & May are excellent times to visit PV.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,842 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best and cheapest time

I have gone for years over Thanksgiving and the first week into Dec for the Virgin de Guadalupe festivities and the rates have been about the same as the end of Oct/first weeks into Nov. The humidity is definitely lower, unless you get a year that is out of the norm, like this year.

I too played the travel when I wanted to seniority game, and adding the Holiday in was one less vacation day I had to use. I could usually manage to stretch 6 weeks a year into 7. :)

9. Re: best and cheapest time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 03:54
charleroi, pa
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: best and cheapest time

thanks for all the great advice looks like it's going to be mid to late october