We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Lyon, Michigan
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

Hello All,

My wife and I are in the process of booking our next trip, it is slightly more complicated than our typical vacation as we now have an 18 month old son; we have narrowed our choices to Melia or Crown paradise based on there toddler clubs and reviews.

Cant decide which to choose - -any help is/ feedback is appreciated

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

Crown paradise club has a Disney theme water park, sitter service, more geared to families with younger kids and of a 'hotel' feel to it; Melia Has kids club for all ages, more families and more of a 'resort' feel to it... bigger and nicer beach at CPC, nicer pool and accommodations at Melia; food about the same with buffet and ala carte at both, but CPC as an adults only French restaurant with sitter service available.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

I second the Crown Paradise. Although we enjoyed the Melia, the Crown has nicer accomodations.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

I 3rd the Crown ...loved it :)

DC

Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

There's no swim up bar at GCP or CP is there?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,778 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

There's apparently an adult jacuzzi with swim up bar at CPC. None at GCP.

Often heard near the swim up bars: "Mommy, why is the water warmer over here?"

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

There is an adult only small pool (jacuzzi) with a swim up bar at the Crown. Has 4 or 5 stools. It is also available to those who stay at the Golden.

Well the Golden does not have a swim up bar, there is a bar adjacent t to the pool and there is wait service around the pool and on the beach.

South Lyon, Michigan
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

Thanks for all the great info. We were leaning towards the Melia but now may have to reconsider.

Thanks

Eric

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

We have stayed at the Melia, We have not stayed at Crown Paradise and with that said, go for the Crown, Melia is not that great trust me:)

Have fun in PV !

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

I am in the minority, but of all the resorts I've stayed in (20 plus), the Crown was one of my least favorites. The kids pool is very warm and you can't bring a drink in there. The other pool is small, there are carpets in the room, the entertainment and night club are not attached and are a short ways down the road, but not great. It would have been my least favorite ever, except their staff was great and they upgraded me to a two bedroom, two bath condo. But I had them show me their rooms and I hated them. Their kids club was not good and it felt like the little ones were locked in this tiny room with a few tv's and play stations.

I know some love it and we did have a great time (the restuarant was great, the staff was great, my kids loved the pirate themed pool), but definitely not my fave.

I have not stayed at the Melia, but most of my clients loved it.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melia vs. Crown Paradise Club

i have stayed at CPC and we had a excellent time. You do get free room service, a heated ( but small pool) but a nice water park. The rooms are dated and small but are good enough, imo... I would love to do melia next b/c of the pool being so large, and it's a larger place and we like to walk around resorts at night...