We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving PV Late Night

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
240 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving PV Late Night

Simple question here.

I tend to sweat very easily and I do not want to be that person that has body odor when on the plane. It is five and a half hours back to Vancouver.

Our flight leaves at 8:45pm.

Is there somewhere to shower before we get on the plane at PVR or can I make arrangements with the hotel before we leave to go to the airport?

Thank you for your help.

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

Depending on where you're staying, most hotels offer a hospitality room that allows you to shower and clean up for free. If you give the name of the hotel that would help to know. If it's a condo, you may not be able to, but I would ask them directly. i don't recall seeing showers at PVR, but never looked either.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,252 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

A couple ideas.

For a flight that late, I might consider paying for the hotel room an extra day, since checkout is usually 11 or Noon, you'd be buying 6+ hours of convenience not to have to pack up, stash your luggage, etc. etc.

If you don't want to/can't do that, even if they do not have a hospitality room specifically, any hotel will keep your luggage at the desk, and most have an outdoor shower by the pool.

suze

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,778 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

When we stayed at Playa Los Arcos we asked for late checkout. They gave us an xtra hour till 1:00pm. We still wanted another hour so we paid 100 pesos. Good deal for us. Didn't have to store our bags, and we could freshen up before we headed to the airport. I bet if you ask for several more hours with your hotel in order to shower, etc. they would negotiate a price for you. Good luck.

calgary
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

if the hotel is running at capacity they will only let you have a hospitality room for a time period but if not full they usally let you stay in room if its only a couple of hours for free.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
13,456 posts
552 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

If there is no hospitality room or such, just a thought buy a package of baby wipes and sponge bath in bathroom with them, better than nothing if no other options available for you.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

chrismakris .... we have taken those late-in-the-evening (WestJet) flights - don't like them, but heh, have to work around them.

Our hotel (Los Arcos Suites) has always allowed us a late-checkout under such circumstances (a couple of hours without any additional charge) ... we use that time to 'refresh', then check-out and use the lobby as our base for awhile (they hold our bags, and we do as we wish to do, for as long as we wish), then we head out to the airport.

I would prefer to leave earlier, but when you get the fare you want, you go with what you got, and make do.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Los Arcos Suites
Los Arcos Suites
640 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,883 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

A change of shirt and a quick washing of the armpits in an airport bathroom can work wonders. No towels? Use the lower half of the shirt you're about to stuff in the carryon.

It's worked for me after overnight flights. (And after I'm done fluffing, there's no longer a line at immigration.)

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

Thank you for your suggestions.

I was hoping to avoid the airport bathroom situation so lets hope the hotel has a room for me.

Chris

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,486 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

If you tell us where you're staying, we might be able to tell you whether they have a hospitality suite or not. The majority of places do, even the budget ones. And pretty much every hotel has a poolside shower and restrooms where you could at least rinse off and change.

I'd be avoiding the airport bathroom myself. Other people have to use that space, and speaking as one of the people who has walked into an airport bathroom while someone was giving themselves a sink sponge bath, we'd really appreciate it if you didn't. (-:

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
13,456 posts
552 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving PV Late Night

Thanks PV Jenny I got a nice chuckle out of your post LOL :)