We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you know this restaurant???

toronto
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Do you know this restaurant???

Don't know the name of it...run by women..used to be in town but has moved just outside of town (up on a hill??). Supposed to have great music on Friday afternoons. In fact I think the gringos who frequented it when it was closer to their accommodations, get transportation from the restaurant people on Friday afternoons?? Someone told me about it at a party and I forget the name of it and/or how to get there!!

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you know this restaurant???

Sounds like the El Rio BBQ but I don't think it's run by women???

Great place to be Friday afternoon, best rids & fries, live music, on the river.

Route 4 bus up to Paso Rancho, bus stops outside El Rio.

Not sure if bus is still going all the way due to roadworks?

JR will confirm?

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,706 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you know this restaurant???

El Rio is run and owned by Kurt Sinner who used to have época, he did have one or two ladies working there, but not running it. Can't wait to get back there this spring.

Last I heard the buses are turning around at the bridge, a taxi from the south side is 50 to 60 pesos.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you know this restaurant???

I think that might be it! These friends told us that the restaurant sends a van to pick up people?? We will be staying in Nuevo but would like to go...not familiar at all with PV?..can u give us exact way to get there? Would taxis all know how to get there? We can get to PV on bus but from there are helpless!!

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you know this restaurant???

We didn't find the bus thing very reliable, once it was there & once not, but when we got to El Rio (by cab 50p) they said the bus had been there, but couldn't show me anybody who had been on it?

Catch the bus from NV into WalMart, Walmart on Centro bus right to the end of the line & then #4 bus up to El Rio or taxi.

Once you get into old town, anyone will help you, just ask.

On Fri. Get there before 1 to get good seats.

5. Re: Do you know this restaurant???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 10:16