We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Son's special blanket left in PV airport

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
saskatchewan
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Son's special blanket left in PV airport

We came home from PV yesterday and my 4 year old left his blankie near duty free shops past security. It is a blue and white knit blankie and means the world to him. If someone is coming through or can check for me that would be great. If found, I will provide address to mail back to us. Thanks for reading.

J

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

Blankie or Blanket?...The 2 are very different....

Edited: 06 January 2013, 04:06
saskatchewan
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

Blankie as in small version of a blanket that was given to him when he was born and he has spent 4 years snuggling with. Thanks for clarifying.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,607 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

Been there. I feel your pain. :-( Try this.....

I added the link to the thread with info at the bottom so you could read it. But...here's the number I found online because I don't think it was in the thread. They got their lost item back...read the link.

Puerto Vallerta airport - Phone: +52 322 221 1298

Push 0 to get a human if no prompt for English or it doesn't work or no lost and found

Website for Puerto Vallarta Ordaz: aeropuertosgap.com.mx/english/airports/puert…

Email Address: aeropuertosgap.com.mx/english/formularios-co…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k37157…

Edited: 06 January 2013, 04:49
Beausejour, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

we leave on wednesday and will gladly check for you.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

Thank you very much! Sounds like they have a lost and found but hard to get anywhere without speaking Spanish. If you happen to find it, send me a message and we can work on details. Again thanks for looking!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

I feel for you :(

DD has done this twice lost her "Owie" stuffed bunny at Epcot (can't believe we actual found in at the lost and found the next day) and once a t a hotel (this one got left behind at a stay and fly...before we went on a trip)....But thank God we got it back both times :) She had 3 stuffed animals that sleep with her every night...they also get to travel with use...they have many miles on them :)

W don't go for a few week ...other wise I would be glad to look.

DC

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

this may help

i know it is not baggage but check it out anyway

Where and how must I claim lost baggage?

For any issue with checked baggage (destruction, damage, delays or loss) you must immediately visit the airline’s ticket counter (to comply with P.I.R. – Baggage Irregularity) to describe what happened and for processing by the airline.

Regardless of the P.I.R. regulations, before leaving the airport, the passenger has the following time limits for filing a claim:

• In case of damaged baggage, the passenger must file a claim with the airline immediately or within 7 days of the damage (this varies by airline) for checked baggage.

http://aeropuertosgap.com.mx/index.php?id=1283&searched=lost&highlight=AS_ajax_highlight+AS_ajax_highlight1

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,951 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

She's already home, and the blanket didn't make the flight chico. Lost luggage info isn't going to help. It was left in the airport.

IF it wasn't picked up by someone else it might be in lost & found. I stress might.

Bonnyville, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

ill check when i leave on Saturday

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Son's special blanket left in PV airport

sorry for yoru son's loss, I totally understand....hopefully he gets it back but if not then guess he will have to go cold turkey and be done with it :(....hard but many of us have been thru this...we cut our son's into tiny piece before him leting it go..What a big boy he will be without his blamkie...again sorry..