We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camotero

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Camotero

Just heard of a smoking wagon which serves sweet potatoes and bananas.

Does anyone know where these carts are located?

Michael

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camotero

there are several strolling the streets in various neighborhoods

not in tourist areas

blowing their train steamed whistles

www.youtube.com/watch…

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camotero

Well, that sweet potato (and the bananas) looked good but this youtube is from Mexico City.

As the OP asked, any around Puerto Vallarta? I stroll, visit and stay in some colonias that are non-touristy and have never seen one. Maybe someone who has will chime in, as it made me hungry to watch the video.

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Camotero

they don´t have a specific route

they pass by towards the evening hours

and not every night either

one passed by last night around 7pm

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camotero

I think Michael and I are asking the same question. Where? In Puerto Vallarta as opposed to some other city.

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Camotero

this is vallarta

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camotero

Vallarta is fairly spread out. We are asking about colonias in which you have seen these things. In post #3 you talked about "when" but not "where." They may not have a specific route but --- surely ---- they must frequent some areas more than others.

Let me put it this way, the OP asked a question about where the carts were located in Vallarta. Then you responded by sending a Youtube of a cart in Mexico City. Then again, I asked "where"? to back up the OP's question. Then you responded with "when."

I'm not sure how much clearer I can be when I say (and I think the OP was asking the exact same question), "where in Vallarta?" If that isn't clear enough, I give up.

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Camotero

where is east of the hotel zone like gaviotas las sauces versalles and others

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Camotero

never followed the camotero to see where he goes

but they do cover a lot of territory

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Camotero

Thanks. Much better. I am always in Versalles on each one month trip down there and have never seen the camotero but will look harder next time.

Any idea how many of them are traveling around? One would imagine (having looked at the Youtube you provided) that they would be hard to miss if they are around, as you can probably grab a whiff of the cooking?

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,358 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Camotero

Look it up on Vallarta Scene....there have been conversations about it in the fall. They certainly do sound good! My impression then, was they don't all keep a schedule or area so they didn't always know when or where, but were happy when they came by. That's why Elcala doesn't know.

As I recall, they were mentioning one in the eastern part of the south side and further into the other colonias. Maybe JR knows. I bet they are all over though. I think they don't realize how many of us would buy one if they came by!