We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
73 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

Is there a website from which I can print off the bus routes for both a Tunel bus and a centro bus so I can get oriented while in PV?

Thanks.

San Rafael...
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

There is one on pvpulse.com. Go to guidebook and it will take you there. Probably, vallartainfo.com has one too. Have fun!

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

here are three local bus routes

ruta ixtapa

sistecozome.jalisco.gob.mx/rutas/ruta11.html

ruta aurora

sistecozome.jalisco.gob.mx/rutas/ruta12.html

ruta marina

sistecozome.jalisco.gob.mx/rutas/ruta13.html

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

here is one from

www.pvpulse.com/en/info/downtown-bus-route

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
73 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

. I was also trying to figure out which bus to take to Alaska Diner. The reply I got from them was to take a tunel bus. Thanks for the help.this will give me something to visualize

Edited: 21 January 2013, 17:50
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

It would be almost impossible to plot all the different routes, far too complicated. Basically the Tunel bus goes onto the Libramiento just before the Mega store and comes off it on the South side at V. Carranza all the way down to Pino Suarez.

The Centro bus continues on Francisco Medina to Guatemala where it goes east for one block to Peru ( the maps elcala posted are all out of date on this) connecting to Morelos and then over the Rio Cuale to the south side of town.

No idea which bus route is meant to be depicted on the Source web site, it doesn't match any one I know. ?

Bus stops are marked on my maps, which are up to date :)

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
73 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

Thanks. I looked at your maps (they are great and the most comprehensive I've seen - good job) and can see where I want to go.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

It's nteresting that Guadalajara, with hundreds of bus routes, has great on-line resources for finding bus route info. But Vallarta has none.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,857 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

Also, JJ, where are you staying? If you're close to town (say at someplace like Villa Premiere or nearby, you wouldn't have the opportunity to take a TUNEL bus as they head behind the city, through the mountain, before they get there.

Normally if I'm in the Hotel Zone and going to South side, I take the TUNEL bus as it skips Centro and is faster to get to Southside. If I'm going to the Main Plaza or the Church, I take a CENTRO bus.

If I'm going up (East on) Lázaro Cárdenas, which I think it where Alaska Diner is (and Tony's Please and Magna Magna, etc.), I take the R04 as it passes right by. Anyplace on the South side of the river is pretty easy to walk to though, once you get south of the river on a bus.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
73 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

We're staying at Los Tules,Sheraton area. So for part of the time we would have to take rte. 04 and the rest of the time the Tunel bus. Where do you catch Rte 4 bus from Los Tules or the Sheraton?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tunel bus route and Centro bus route

The #04 doesn't stop at Los Tules, as it connects to the main drag just north of the sports stadium, you can catch it at the Sheraton stop.