We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 1 at the Friendly...

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
200 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Day 1 at the Friendly...

Landed around 12:45. No wait at customs. Moved quickly. At the hotel around 1:30. Room 2007. No too happy with our room. Pool level. Room is great... But... Our patio is surrounded by shrubs and trees which makes our too dark. Have been trying to switch rooms but they say they are completely overbooked until Tuesday. Front desk staff are really trying to accommodate us. Great fun staff. Very friendly like every one said. Thank you!!!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

We stayed at Friendly twice-1st time they had "no upgrades available" but 200 pescos did the trick. Just do it discreetly at the front desk...They get it (oh and promise to write a review!) We got an awesome room in the tower. If Abraham is still on the beach do the same for him and you will get awesome loungers, umbrellas all week (or 2) without having to "post" your towel at dawn. Have a wonderful time!

Ottawa, ON
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

Loved the Friendly, best bang for your buck, we've stayed there many times. They have a great beach! Wasn't always though, when we stayed there back in 2003 there beach was almost non existent . The staff are all very hard working and seem to have all been there for a long time.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

Oops, didn't give Abraham 200 at the start. Tipped between 30-50 pesos daily depending on what was in our pocket. And we tipped him extra at the end because he worked hard and was so helpful-and always with a smile.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

can you see if you can find out any info about allergies there? My son is gluten free and was wondering if this hotel can deal with that? or if you can grab a email address for me, so i can email them?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

We are at Friendly too. Got in Fri and was put in room 2009 pool side .Must be right beside you lol. Have to wait till Sun afternoon to be moved to tower ... was promised floor above 8th floor. Hope so. Nice day today ... Met Abraham aka "fifi"... Very nice guy ! Lots of people here.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

Do they have evening entertainment. Can you get free wifi throughout resort including the room and pool areas. Is it hard to get lounger by pool. Is there a fridge in room with beer and water. If not do they supply bottled water. Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

let us know about a la cartes as well :) how many can you have, how are reservations made etc...

Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
200 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

Well. I can't prove it but I pretty sure my iPhone got scooped up by 4 guys that sat down by me in t lobby last night. I had it one one arm of the chair and was using my iPad. It is no where to be found. Very disappointed. Have looked everywhere you can imagine I might think it might be. No luck. Haven't resorted to asking security if they can check the cameras but as I'm almost certain this is what happened. I may have to. : (.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,631 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

That's too bad Neeters.... what a bummer. If you're mostly sure you had it sitting next to you....then don't be shy about asking them if they can check the camera. I assume you think they were guests, so I would do it in case they're going to check out soon.

Edited: 27 January 2013, 22:34
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 1 at the Friendly...

That's what security is there for! I think you should report it. Perhaps they can help.