We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Carts

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Food Carts

We are coming down with a friend who loves to eat off the carts while in Mexico.He especially likes to get a big glass of fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning ( this don't have to be off a cart)

We are staying in the pier area and would like the to know the locations of food carts and what they sell (Your Favorite). Just in the Romantic Zone, because we hardly ever leave the area.One last thing he was last in PVR 15 years ago. He remembers eating the best ever Hamburger off a cart up by the area past the church.Is it possible that it might still be there?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Carts

Here's is a link with a map:

http://vallartainfo.com/streetfood.html

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
810 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Carts

Be sure to try Elote from carts on the Malecon. The roasted Poblano is out of this world delish!

Mentioned in this post
Malecon
Malecon
567 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Carts

As I recall, he can get fresh squeezed OJ (and other fruits/veggies) at a cart right near the corner of F. Rodriguez...there are a couple of carts near the entrance to Archie's Wok.

Marisma Fish Taco on Naranjo is a not-miss in my book.

Mentioned in this post
Archie's Wok
Archie's Wok
972 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food Carts

there are hole in the wall (literally) ladies sell the fresh squeezed juice as well - i believe there is one on Amapas

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,861 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food Carts

Usually there is a cart on Olas Atlas between Carranza and Basilio Badillo,

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,146 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food Carts

When I was there in November, there was a fresh juice cart every morning on Olas Altas on the ocean-side of the elementary school. I think maybe this is the same location Kansas is referring to above?

suze

Mentioned in this post
Olas Altas
Olas Altas
445 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Kansas
Kansas
United States
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food Carts

Yeah, I bought juice from that guy every day on Olas Atlas back in December. A few years ago I remember it being an older woman. He missed a day during our trip. The next day I asked him where he was, he told me at the beach! Ha! I got his name, but I forgot it already, sorry. A nice guy.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food Carts

PVJennybean .... yes, there's a very popular juice cart on Francisca Rodriguez at the corner with Olas Altas (south side of the street). And a very good food stand just a few paces to the west of it (where they really do onions!!!).

lopo123 ... I know that "little hole in the wall" (and it really is small!!) .. saw it first back in 2004, when we stayed at the Tropicana, and used to pass by several times each day. It's a popular spot with the morning orange juice 'crowd' that pass by.

suze ... that's another very well-known and popular orange juice vendor that has been at that location for as long as I can remember - I would never be able to count the number of times we've passed by that stand!!

There's another stand (with some inside seating) on Manuel M. Dieguez, south side of the street, between Olas Altas and Los Muertos beach. I believe it used to be 'Peter & Carmen tacos' .. and the tacos and etc., were very good ... but not sure if the original owners are still operating this stand.

Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Olas Altas
Olas Altas
445 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Peter & Carmen
Peter & Carmen
21 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,861 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food Carts

Suze......Yes that's the one I was referring to, right at the school on Olas Atlas. I've never seen a man there, just a woman.

Edited: 14 February 2013, 22:59
Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food Carts

One of my favorites is Marisma. Their fish tacos are wonderful. The are located on Naranjo just off Basilio Badillo

Mentioned in this post
Marisma
Marisma
218 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico