We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on where to stay

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
10 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on where to stay

Hello!

Fiance and I are traveling to Puerto Vallarta (first time) in either April or May. We're super excited and cannot wait to lay on the beach and relax.

We were looking at some of the resorts- Dreams PV & Secrets but we're not sure if it's worth it for us. We're vegan and we don't drink alcohol, so we probably won't take advantage of the AI stuff.

We want newer, clean accomodations, top notch beach for wading and sunbathing, pools (uncrowded), few to no kids around, and activities available. It'd be great if we could find a place that would cater to our vegan needs.

Hope I haven't set the bar too high :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

How about

http://www.landmarkhotelpv.com/

it's a newcomer on the PV scene and I don't know a thing about it except it seems to fit what you request.

It's not hard to find "clean accomodations" but "newer" there aren't that many unless you head outside of town to Nuevo (new resort area).

Honestly for non-drinking vegans I would not recommend an All-Inclusive at all!

It's hard to describe how Vallarta is different from some other destinations, in that while you *can* look only to your own resort to provide everything (food activites, beach) many (most?) of us here look to the town for things to do, restaurants, activites, etc. not just your own resort/hotel.

suze

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

Try the Now Amber, it has lots of great reviews, newer and modern, if thats what you are looking for.

Dreams is a great choice, been there, done that, and would do it again.

Good luck to you, I know you will love it in PV, and you will end up with PV fever:-)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

Problem is the Landmark is no where near the beach.

The Villa Premier is an adult only hotel within walking distance to downtown and some inclusive vegetarian restaurants, though nearly every restaurant here would be able to accommodate you with a vegetarian option, just tell them what you can't eat.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

Maybe the Sunset Plaza as they have AI and no AI options and it is newer.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
10 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

Thanks everyone. We will definitely check this hotel out.

Whats the story on the intercontinental? I know it's not new but seems like a really good deal.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

If I were in your shoes - veggie and non-alcohol - I certainly would not do an all inclusive in PV. I think you are on the right track looking at other options.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

You don't mention a budget - IMO, Garza Blanca Preserve & Spa fit the bill - beautiful quiet & swimmable beach, stunning pools, few children when we were there in May, fabulous food - it is AI optional - south of town, easy bus or taxi ride into town -

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
10 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

Oh I looked at Garza Blanca as well, can't remember why I didn't investigate it more.

Looks like top two on our list are Garza Planca and Villa Premire.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

JR - Can you tell me where Landmark is located? Their website (conveniently) doesn't show a location or map. It appears it's up high somewhere?? I mostly thought of it here just because it's brand new.

gracias, suze

Seattle
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions on where to stay

the Sunset Plaza is a good option