We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

friendly questions

algona ia
4 posts
Save Topic
friendly questions

first trip to pv am staying at friendly wondering if can walk to malecon what's the dress code for reservation restaurant are just jeans and collar shirt fine what kind of beer is served can you sit at beach bar what attractions are in walking distance

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,350 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: friendly questions

One very long walk, or a short taxi or bus ride to the Malecon.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: friendly questions

Barb, We will be at the Friendly Vallarta for 5 days, April 5th through April 10th, then, moving on to the Secrets Vallarta. After researching the Friendly, it appears long pants are not required for the a la carte restaurant(s).

Also in researching, it is about a 45-60 minute walk to the Malecon.

Being that I have never stayed at the Friendly Vallarta, I can't comment on attractions that are close by. We are really excited about being so close to town, and not having to pay $ 50, round trip to get to the Malecon by taxi. Inow there is always the bus, but, if I am all "decked out", don't really feel like taking the bus.

When are you going to the Friendly?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: friendly questions

Debadeb : it's still a bit of a hike from Secrets to the Malecon if your all 'decked out' and hopefully not in heel s! (OUCH)... it's a good 20min walk from Secrets.

algona ia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: friendly questions

we are going march 19-26 might be a bad time with spring break and easter being close but want to get out of iowa while still kind of winter hopefully will enjoy the resort I always feel kind of out of place for awhile at a new place takes a couple days to learn your way around

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: friendly questions

barb d: friendly is a small resort and very easy to get around... coffee is available early morning outside of the main buffet and there are stairs behind the lobby bar to go up and outside to the terrace dining, across from the lobby bar and lounge is where they hold the evening dinner and show and on your way out to the beach to the right there is a snack bar available for lunch; on the 2nd floor (by elevator) you can get to the air conditioned gym and spa; you can walk to the main street from the hotel and catch a bus or cab into town, if you need anything the Soriana supermarket is a few block south of the hotel across the street, behind Pizza Hut.

algona ia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: friendly questions

thanks for the coffee info that is what i need right away in the morning

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: friendly questions

sorry I missed the dress code question... our 1st time we were denied reservations because I failed to pack long pants, our 2nd trip I brought long pants but there were a few guys with bermuda shorts so I would pack a pair just in case to be on the safe side; also, the ala carte restaurant is good, but has a limiited menu, other than it being air conditioned we preferred the buffet, which had a different theme Italina, Mexican, Steak, etc. nightly. If you plan on trying the ala carte, make reservations in advance; the restaurant is small, they get booked up quick and its only open on certain nights.

Edited: 27 February 2013, 14:43
8. Re: friendly questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 05:16