We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hospital Recommendation

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hospital Recommendation

We are traveling to PV next month, staying in the Marina area. My daughter has a condition which sometimes requires iv medications. Can anyone recommend a good, safe hospital in the area? I want to be prepared just in case.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hospital Recommendation

You'll be in good hands at San Javier Hospital, conveniently located between the Marina and PVR airport.

http://96.0.254.95:8080/sanjavier/?site=2

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
991 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hospital Recommendation

In addition to the San Javier Hospital (which is probably closest to you), there are also the Cornerstone Hospital and Amerimed Hospital that aren't too far away from your area.

Note that the San Javier Hospital sometimes gets crowded when the cruise ships dock, as it is across the street from the cruise ship terminal.

If you have fears that something medically serious could happen, I would get in touch with your medical insurance company, before the trip, to see at which hospitals they have coverage. It's easier to make plans now, when things are calm, than in an emergency situation.

Best wishes for a great vacation in Puerto Vallarta!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hospital Recommendation

Email Pamela Thompson with your needs, she is the guru of all things medically related in PV.

pamela@healthcareresourcespv.com

http://www.healthcareresourcespv.com/

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
991 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hospital Recommendation

Thanks Ted, I had forgotten to mention Pamela as a valuable medical resource.

Matt

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hospital Recommendation

You guys are awesome! Thanks for your help!

seattle
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hospital Recommendation

I realize you are back however wanted to share my PV hospital experience with others. We are in our 50's and live like we are in our 30's so I always scope out location of medical clinics. Its a good thing, as last year on our trip to PV and Sayulita I fell, dislocated and broke my wrist. It was a complex injure and the ER and doctors at CMQ Premier Hospital across from Walmart were fantastic. No waiting, xrays, spot on recommendations, travel splint and pain meds and all very inexpensive. We paid with Visa and flew home for immediate surgery. Get copies of all charges as your insurance will reimburse you. However, wish I would have had travel insurance for the 1st class flight home :(

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hospital Recommendation

FYI. that CMQ and Walmart are on Ave. Francisco Villa, near to Pitillal

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hospital Recommendation

Yes, this is an old thread but we are also back from a one month trip to PV and had this to add. My Uncle stayed with us for one week while we were in the Marina area and he used San Javier Marina hospital to do dialysis three times. Of course, with dialysis it is set up in advance. San Javier has a hospital in Nuevo with a much bigger dialysis section but the one at the Marina was close, convenient and my Uncle was pleased with the treatments and the staff who helped him. Don't expect a lot of extras (what we consider standard) like vending machines and cafeterias, WI FI and such. Most staff did not speak English but the doctor did. My uncle got along fine with very limited Spanish, and me with not much more espanol vocabulary than him.

9. Re: Hospital Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 07:20