We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Puerto Vallarta

Wakefield, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
UK to Puerto Vallarta

Went to PV a few years ago and want to go back for our 10 year anniversary. Can anyone recommend the best way to get there now? I read somewhere that first choice was starting to do direct flights again but can't find any.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

I am not aware of any direct flights from the UK and I don't believe First Choice or any other UK holiday company offer packages there. So you are stuck with booking your flight and hotel separately which will mean it's expensive. Having a quick look I am seeing flights in May at 823 pounds (!) with absolutely horrible travel times. Good luck!

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
110 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

I am from Belgium.

We fly 2 times a year to PV.

In april we fly: Brussel-London-Dallas (stay over night) next morning Dallas- PV

AA

We enjoy our afternoon and evening in the States ! We. Are not looking for direct flights.

Mentioned in this post
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
651 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

There are direct flights London to Minneapolis (about 8-9 hours) and Minneapolis to PV (about 4 hours)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

You can fly direct to Mexico city, maybe better from Holland ?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

Flights to Mexico City are usually over 800 pounds these days although you can occasionally find bargains (I just booked Aeromexico direct for £450). Of course you then have to get to PV which will usually involve an overnight in MC.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
J&W
Calgary AB
Level Contributor
655 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

Canadian Affair has cheaper flights to Canada, Toronto or Calgary.. You can then book a package from there..

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
331 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

Have you tried looking into Virgin Altantic to LAX or SFO? Virgin America has non stop flights out of SFO not sure about LAX. Both airports have non stop flights to PVR on several carriers.

walsall
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

Hi Trickster, i know its a little late but, will tel you what i know, Thompson will be doing direct package deals to PV from May 2014. This is wonderful news to us, we went 4 times 2007-2009 and love the place. Price to stay 2 weeks all inclusive at Canto Del Sol is around £1200 pp. we are booked for next september and cannot contain my excitment. Well done Thompson. Hope this helps.......Chris

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

Wallsal Chris is correct. Good news for PV tourism.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: UK to Puerto Vallarta

Hi Trickster

Yes, Thomson/First Choice are offering packages from next May flying from Manchester (on Thursday I believe) or Gatwick (on Saturday). The flights are direct on the new dreamliner plane. Until then the options are flying via the States (generally Dallas or Houston) with United or Continental (plus some other US airlines) or via Mexico City with AeroMexico. The advantage of flying via Mexico City is that you only have one set of immigration to go through!! The drawback with either way is that they all involve a night stopover ie. the flight in from the UK is too late to meet any connection down to PV that day, you have to catch the morning flight down the next day. You didn't say when you wanted to go to PV. If it is before the direct flights starts, then it is worth booking an overnight room at the airport in advance. We are in PV at present having flown from Heathrow via Mexico City. The walk up rate quoted for a room at Mexico City was ~$270 (~£180) whereas last year I booked in advance and got a room for £100 (for 3 people). We just killed time in the terminal building until the morning!! Our return flight Heathrow to PV cost £832 but the price varies. Aeromexico fly 3 times a week to Mexico City. This is the cheapest price I have had for the trip to PV since the demise of the charter flight, although in those days it was often cheaper to book a package than just the flight on it's own! You will see some changes in PV since you were last here but underneath it is still the same PV which is why we keep returning. It would be a great way to celebrate your 10th anniversary.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico