We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
taxi

have read posts to right, Family of 6 best way to get to Mayan Palace from airport : going with RCI how to get Ocean View room without doing timeshare meeting. Going with 4 teenagers, dont want to leave them at home, best day trips? ok to let them out at night? My husband and I love Puerta Vallarta hoping Roger is still in beach in Mismoyla.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi

The Mayan Palace offers complimentary transportation from the airport to the marina. After getting your luggage then walk through the timeshare room(don't look or talk to anyone). Walk straight ahead after entering the arrivals hall and you'll see the transport company for Mayan Palace. They will have your name on a printout.

Getting an ocean front room without being an owner may be a challenge or near impossible. It's still possible to end up with an ocean view room if up high enough. The property is smaller so most of the views are nice;even the ones facing the marina. I wouldn't worry about it since you will be spending most of your times in the areas around the beach anyway.

It's no problem letting teenagers out at night. PV is quite safe.

Day trips to Yelapa and Sayulita. Alot of people like the pirate boat at night out of the marina.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi

If my teenagers were going out at night into Puerto Vallarta or wherever...., I'd go with them. Especially in a foreign country or a place they have never been.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi

No problem letting your kids out at night, perfectly safe.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi

First of all you don't say which Mayan Palace, Marina or Neuvo Vallarta ?

Yes MP offers airport pickup, to owners, & even then it is not automatic, you have to respond to e-mailed offer. Trades through RCI will not get offer. In both MP you don't sign up for TS meeting till after you have registered so no bearing on room location, being an owner does. i could recomend options depending on which location you are staying ?

PV is safe even for teenagers, but is PV the place to let your teens free? only you know that. with 4 teens I would say Sayulita is a must, great beach, surfing, etc. Sit in front of Capt Cook bar get free deck chairs & umbrella if you order beer & Food everywhere else is charging 200P/table.

Do the city/jungle tour where you will do the tequila tour, sample many flavours, kids will love it !

Rythyms Of the Night, boat ride out to secluded beach with 1000s of candles, great meal, after dinner show. A little pricey but worth it.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi

ian beat me to it as (having been the mother of teen-aged boys who are now older and wiser....whew) I was going to say what he did, about the teen-agers and the location. You didn't mention which Mayan Palace you would be staying in. Makes a difference.

Also, on the RCI-thing, I've been traveling to PV for years on RCI (exchanges, Extra Weeks, etc.) and it's rather a "cr@p-shoot") as to what you get. On many of my RCI Confirmations, they will list the room number when you reserve. Others they don't. I've been lucky sometimes (getting GREAT units in some RCI transactions -- Club Regina, Sunset Plaza, Lindo Mar, etc. ----- all at the top of the building with full ocean views) and other times not so much (Melia, Los Tules and several others). It has no bearing on whether you do the presentation. It's just a "thing" with RCI where sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. There is a pecking-order and the owners get the best units. So ---- good luck on being there during a week when no owners want the best units. I've gotten some really good units by avoiding High Season.

On the teenagers, Sayulita would definitely be fun for them. Any beach experience would but ---- you live in a large metropolitan area (I used to work in Phoenix) so you would know best how your teen-agers would behave in a situation which is new to them. Puerto Vallarta itself is very safe. I travel there alone for several weeks a year. However, the job of teen-agers is to try to get away with things so I'd keep my eye on them, since it's difficult to determine (without more information) how they will behave in a foreign country. We don't know them or even know how old they are or if they travel in a pack of 4 or if they like to go out and wander alone. Lots of variables, even in a place as safe as Puerto Vallarta.

Have a good trip.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi

I also would endorse Captain Cook in Sayulita, had a great time there.

re: teenagers, if you trust them at home, it's no different here :)

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,631 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi

My teenagers were great (all grown now) and yes, trust was there...vise/versa. But I still would not let them run around a foreign country anywhere without us. In fact, they probably wouldn't even have wanted to because it would be unfamiliar and not know where to go. When I was a teen and traveled to Europe, our guide would NOT let any of us out without another supervisor, etc... and I did not want to go- I had no idea where I was going. At that time, too easy to get lost and no cell phones, etc... I guess each has to decide if they want to do it or not. Everyone is different. I honor that. :)

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi

We are staying in PV 2room unit thanks for help

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi

You are in the MP Marina, good choice. Ask for pool view room in the main building as high as possible. The side view building is touted as ocean view but only the end 50% is & they have no balconies only open doors. Main building has balconies & better view.

check food prices, last week they had many 2/1 offers on for dinner etc.

or walk across the road into the Marina, more great restaurants than you have nights.

IF you can stand a TS spiel you could swing a day pass out at the Grand Mayan in NV. the kids would love it, 7 pools, lazy river, 2 wave pools, water slides, fantastic beach.

watch Cupocity.com my kids are in Las Palmas by the Sea resort today. 180P for all inclusive day pass, pools,towels, beach, food, drinks, good deal.

Chandler, Arizona
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi

Love the insider details. Thanks less then a week