We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vista del sol restaurant

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Vista del sol restaurant

I heard there is a restaurant/bar in the vista del sol which you can get room/poolside service from. Does anyone know what the name of it is or what kind of food/drinks they have? I was hoping to find a menu on the internet but I can't find anything.

CO
Level Contributor
864 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

Will you be staying at VDS? The restaurant is called Sea Monkey. They have a cheap bar menu with drinks for $1, but we do not like any of them except for a cold cerveza for $1. Food is good. I really like their fish tacos. We have not tried anything more than beach snacks, though.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

I think the restauarant before Sea Monkey offered phone in pool/room service when we were at SM did not offer actual room/poolservice.

You could phone your order in and pick it up through.

Food drink is your typical pub bar food.....don't get me wrong I LOVE SM and you can find me there quite a few times for pre meal drink and sometimes appies.

I love their Breakfast Burrito for breakfast or brunch and fish tacos for late lunch YUM

Manning, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

We're renting at Vista Del Sol in a couple of weeks and was told room service and pool service was still available.....?????

North Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

Thank you very much! We will be staying at VDS. I will be sure to try the fish tacos and get a $1 cervesa with it!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

i really liked their pineapple coconut waffles.

also the 7 layer salad hubby and i split was good.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

What are you looking for in terms of a restauarnt?

Before Sea Monkey there was a very nice restaurant called Epoca. Sea Monkey is more like a snack bar in my opinion. Not to my taste at all, but, as you can see, some people like it.

North Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

This is my first time using tripadvisor forum and I must say...I LIKE IT!! All the replies are so great! We're actually going to be staying in a condo in the VDS so that's why I was wondering the name of the restaurant. We'll definitely be trying a few of the other restaurants in PV but the SM could be very convenient for us while we're living in the building for 2 weeks, especially having 2 teens with us.

CO
Level Contributor
864 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

Sea Monkey is great for that. We dine all over town, but it is nice to have cheap cold beer and snacks right out the door. Have fun!

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

We just got back from the VDS last Friday. The restaurant is the Sea Monkey and here is their website http://www.seamonkeypv.com/

If you order drinks you can get your own chairs, table and umbrella on the beach for the afternoon. We really enjoyed it and had a couple of lunches there also. The nacho plate is huge. My husband and I shared it and couldn't finish. The beers and margarita's were $1 and were great.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,215 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vista del sol restaurant

Sea Monkey isn't elevated snobby dining by any stretch. As noted by quincytoo, it's pretty much pub grub. Some of it good, some of it not so good (as most pub food is wont to be). What they do have is location and inexpensive beverages for sure, and a nice little stretch of beach.

Rafael is the primary server on the beach, and he's just the best. The absolute best.

Sea Monkey isn't where I go when I'm looking for an upscale meal...it's where I go when I want my beer cold and cheap, and a pretty decent fish taco on the beach with my toes in the sand served with a smile.

I'm not certain they do room service - you might be able to order something and pick it up, and I think they might offer poolside delivery of things. Epoca was a more upscale dining experience (btw, the former Epoca owner runs El Rio BBQ out along the river - a must do dining experience), and they did offer more along these lines. I'd check with the Sea Monkey owner (Troy) or their day manager Memo about services outside their 4 walls.