We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2013, 15:41

114 replies to this topic
Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

You will never rent them out, even if you go through an agency who will charge you $375 & never ever contact you again.

Your unit is worth about $5000 to $9000 if you can sell it on the open market.

Look up Mayan palace timeshare sales on Craigs list or e-bay where I have seen people giving them away or selling them for $2500 just so they don't have to pay maint fees any longer.

We purched MP back in the mid 90s paid tooooo much same as everybody else but we used our time every year. we split our suite up & got 2 weeks for $800 fee. We could not have gotten anything close to that in quality as simple hotel rooms were $200/night. In the long term big picture it worked for us, but if you intend to rent or make money from it, GOOD LUCK.

You now need to decide to cut your losses & walk away or pay the rest of your fees & use the property.

Sorry you are in this position. Good Luck, either way.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

im lost on this one

i have a lot of customers who dine with us who absolutely love this place

im sorry to hear about your losses

Bruce

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

Sherry, sorry to hear you fell into the Mayan trap like myself and many others. I also got hooked with false promises, but we look at the bright side of this, it gives us incentive to go vacation every other yr. Like the ian states we couldn't get a normal hotel for what we pay so it worked out for us. But don't think for a minute you'll ever rent it out and make $$, never seems to work out that way..

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

Bruce, i am sure many of you customers have the disposable income that they could afford the VIDA property. As i stated in the big long term picture it did work out OK for us & the properties are beautifull. The problem comes with how much did you pay for it?

It can be anywhere from $25K through $79K for 1 or 2 weeks every year or every second year depending on your negotiating skills.

Some people feel that if they can get some money back every year for 5 years that will offset the up front costs & VIDA promises to put you in touch with agents who will promote & rent your unit for $5K+ each year. After you get home & contact them for a fee of $375 they will promote your unit at $4999/wk but there is no gaurantee you will ever get a booking. I fact these agencies have to pay money from every contract back to VIDA because of the referal. Another money generating circle !

You can easily pick up these contracts on the internet for way under $10k & even free due to the # of people who just want to get out.

i am a Mayan owner, feel i have had good value for my money over the years but would NEVER EVER EVER invest another penny with them, knowing what I know now.

If the OP would like to PM me ? feel free.

Again I am sorry they are in the position they are in.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,694 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

Not a Mayan owner but if someone asks on this forum (and the place is in Nuevo Vallarta ---- and I have a dozen friends who own there and wish they didn't buy), my advice would be "don't." Doesn't matter what the deal is.

I do own in some vacation clubs (which I bought into in the 90's and have worked OK for me) but I've stayed at the Mayan and not in my wildest imagination (and with the comments of my friends who own there) would it ever be a good option for me.

Everyone is different though and has different needs. It's pretty difficult to give timeshare buying advice on this forum.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

i just hope the person can get to the bottom line where they are happy

bruce

7. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 15:36

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

And so it begins, pay us & we will tell you what to say, who to call, where to write to.

All kinds of people will offer you advice, take or leave the free advice, when it looks like it will start costing you MORE money even if is only a couple hundred bucks, some people will do anything for a couple of bucks, ask questions.

if these people can get you money back why do YOU have to pay up front? let's just take the money off what they get you back.

In real estate it is Location, Location, Location.

In Timeshare, Question, Question, Question.

Be carefull the sharks are not just at the resort, they will sell your e-mail address to anybody & you will start to get offers by e-mail, snail mail, telephone calls, i swear even your TV adverts change !!!!

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

seriously though, be carefull.

Good Luck.

9. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 21:35

New Cumberland
Level Contributor
752 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe

We know 2 kinds of Time Share owners. Those who have sold (at a big loss) and those who want to sell. If you simply want to go to a place for 1 or 2 weeks a year you can always rent a place....and if you shop around your rental cost will nearly always be less then the cost of a Time Share ownership plan. And do not fall for the scams, that you can always rent your Time Share weeks for a profit or that its easy to trade for a great time share at another location (this almost always involves additional costs).

Reply to: any advice on purchasing VIDA vacations Grand Luxxe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted