We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams night life?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta Beach...
Level Contributor
134 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams night life?

I've read that this is not a party resort, but is everything quiet after 10:00pm? Can you still have a drink and visit at any of the Bars? We're not a roudy bunch, but I know that 10 is a little early even for the older folks in our group. Any info is greatly appreciated:) Thanks

Tsawwassen, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams night life?

Its true that Dreams gets pretty quiet at night. There is a lounge bar that people hang out in and when we were there they had a band one night and people were dancing. They have a "sports bar" that plays music and you are welcome to dance in there as well and play a game of pool but usually it was pretty dead,,,as in it was only our small group. I believe they also have a "night club" but again, I don't think many people go onto it. Its definetly not a party hotel. However you can also hop in a cab and hit the Malecon for some excitement.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams night life?

Just jump a bus or taxi to the south side of town, 5min.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams night life?

We were there in Feb and it is not a night life hotel. Just jump in a cab and tell them to take you to Adale's. Great place. Drinks, dancing, good music mix and the crowd is all ages. Fun atmoshere - we must have went there 3 or 4 nights.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,766 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams night life?

Getting out and about is good but good question are there any bars or lounges or places to get a drink on site after 10pm? And if so until what time?

groover beach cali
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams night life?

I remember the "sports bar" being open til 2AM, (last July) but it definitely wasn't any kind of a scene. The lobby bar closed around midnight I think.

You might justifiably develop a fear of being embalmed rather than being served a drink.

Despite (or in my case because of) the admitted lack of nightlife, I still like it there.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,766 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams night life?

Thanks 4d3fct...some nights you just want to relax and have a few or more drinks with your mate...so works for me...Midnight and 2am...perfect!!

groover beach cali
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams night life?

Bezerk, we're in the process of booking here, sometime between July 28 and Aug 9.

Any advice on that topic? (We're Cal central coast between LA & SF)

Besides stay out of your way, I mean.:p

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
257 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams night life?

The main bar is open until 1am and they often have live music and you are welcome to dance. After 1am you can go down to the sports bar which is not very full. It's easy to make friends in the main bar especially after dinner around 10pm and a few drinks. Everyone seems to be having a good time. The rest of the resort is pretty quiet after 10pm. You will notice a trend. During dinner hours from 8-10 things are quiet in the main bar and then around 10-11 things pick up. Yes we've spent a lot of time there.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,766 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams night life?

4d3fect..shoot we will just miss you we are to be there July 20-27 then at Casa Velas the next week..

You never have to stay out of my way...LOL...I am friendly and move along if not liking something, though I do speak my mind..hehehe..

Not sure what topic you wanted to address? Booking or nightlife? Booking cannot help you since I did a trade thru RCI...nightlife, well I am a night owl but just getting back into nightlife per say..

CDAinLA, that will work for me...I do not need a "scene" just a place to get drinks, I am very good at making my own scenes..LOL..

Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams night life?

I think freezintoba meant to say Andales. Great bar