We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New dining options

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Danvers...
Level Contributor
900 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
New dining options

Jorge's Hideway- located at the end of Pilital with seven tables, no atmosphere but the people are very nice and shrimp is the star.

Casa Fantasia- Court yard setting on Pino Suarez open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Prices were fair and service good . Given chips, salsa and complimentary asparagus soup. I had crab enchiladas 169 peso and DH had ribs ( good but small). Good flan.

Encuentros- Pizza, pasta bar lounge with comfortable seating and large martini list located on Lazaro Cardenas. The pizza is 4x12 inches with a thin crust. The have a huge selection of topping combinations which you can also have on top of pasta. 900 peso range.

El sazon del aca- located on Libetrad. This has been my favorite so far. No view but nicely done inside with table cloths. When you arrive you are given a choice of three types of Tequila with a tomato chaser. Then they brought us a spicy soup which was very good. For my meal had chili reallano stuffed with lobster.1690 peso. Large menu and good service.

Sapori diSicila- located in Plaza Romy good pizza and some interesting choices. Thought my pasta was a little to al dente for me but still enjoyed my shrimp ravioli .

New to us this year was Funiculi Trattoria loved there pasta and come with the greatest focaccia and served with a salad . Will go back to try the pizza.

El Rio- we all know how great the ribs are but the chicken was really good too.

Love the Twisted palms for a late night drink and a visit with Al.

Even love the pop corn at C&C

,hope I didn't mess up my peso listings Get confused sometimes

1. Re: New dining options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 March 2013, 20:21
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New dining options

river--you gave me a few new ones to try--thx.

we love funiculi trattoria---yummy and way reasonable with those 99p dinners

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New dining options

Vallarta LifeStyles online Mag said La Cuiza has re-opened. We were staying at the Monstrosity overlooking it and saw activity there in Jan. Has anyone been there yet? When it was Franzi's, it was our lunch spot before ChilliWillys which then became River Cafe opened.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,495 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New dining options

Oh my goodness the popcorn at C & C's was awesome, I could have just had that...delicious...working on my review , we had beers, margaritas and nachos and yes the popcorn..yum..

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New dining options

Thanks for the list !

One of the first spots I want to check out is Café Fantasia, we have walked by and admired that house for years. It will be nice to finally see that beautiful courtyard without peeking through the gate (-;

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New dining options

Could you give more detail about the location of Jorges Hideaway please?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New dining options

" ...... Café Fantasia, we have walked by and admired that house for years. It will be nice to finally see that beautiful courtyard without peeking through the gate (-; "

Can sure relate to your comments Ted ... I too have walked by too many times to count, and have often stopped to peek through the gate.

Hope it turns out to be successful. From peeking through the gate, it's sure a pretty little spot!!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New dining options

riverview ... might you have added an extra '0' to the price range of the pizzas at Encuentros ... I do know the pizzas prices are a little 'stiff' there, but in the 900 pesos range?

Danvers...
Level Contributor
900 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New dining options

Yes, sorry an extra zero

Actually my brother in law paid mistakenally 500 for a 40 taxi ride. Driver did not point out but in all fairness we did enter our condo very quickly.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New dining options

Still cant forget that ha ha hope stillhaving fun

Edited: 23 March 2013, 22:36